Looking for Aviation Web Site Ideas

Old May 1st 05, 02:11 AM
Bill G

Default Looking for Aviation Web Site Ideas

I'm currently in the process of building a web site called
cnyaviation.com.

It is being built mainly as an online resource for NY State pilots to
post pictures of their aircraft, get airport information and other
aviation related stuff. But, I need more content that would be of
great interest to GA pilots. If anyone has idea, please let me know.
Feel free to visit the site to see hwat I've got so far.

Bill

Old May 1st 05, 03:55 PM
H.P.

List NYS flight schools and provide a comments area for students to enter
their experiences, both good and bad.

Old May 1st 05, 05:05 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Bill G said:
I'm currently in the process of building a web site called
cnyaviation.com.

Be aware that there is a very long standing mailing list for pilots in
Upstate NY which you can subscribe to at
http://list.xcski.com/mailman/listinfo/upstateav
There is also a calendar of events at
http://www.upstatelist.com/
which took over after the demise of http://www.newyorkaviation.net/

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"using Outlook to read e-mail is like licking public toilets; using Outlook

Old May 3rd 05, 07:49 PM
Marco Leon

As a NY'er, I'd like to see:
- Hangar/Tiedown prices and availability (read: waitlist lengths)
- FBO user comments
- airport photos a la Civil Air Patrol's website. Maybe even a photo upload
section.
- airport litigation news (in case some airports need local pilot support)
- local info (eats, golf closeby, museums, etc.)
- Event calendar

I know most if not all of this info is available somewhere on the Web but
not in one place. I mentioned hangar/tiedown info because many NY owners are
willing to park their plane in multiple locations--especially the ones who
live in Manahattan.

Just a couple of ideas.

Marco Leon

http://www.usenet.com