Sport Pilots and your local airport

Old May 5th 05, 03:10 PM
gilan

Default Sport Pilots and your local airport

Is anyone seeing Light-Sport Aircraft showing up at their local airports?
Have you met anyone with the new Sport Pilot license?

--
Mitchell Wing
http://www.mitchellwing.com

--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

Old May 5th 05, 04:22 PM
xyzzy

gilan wrote:

Is anyone seeing Light-Sport Aircraft showing up at their local airports?
Have you met anyone with the new Sport Pilot license?

A sport airplane company is building a factory hangar next door to my
flying club at KTTA. They plan to offer sales and training. So in a few
months I expect they will be buzzing around here like bees around a hive.

Old May 5th 05, 05:17 PM
W P Dixon

I am a student Sport Pilot...even officially have my student certificate. As
for flight schools they are few and far between here in eastern TN. I have
been flying 140's and Warrior at TRI, but of course will have to go
elsewhere and fly a sport category plane. Going down to Sumter Sc to fly
Brett Justus' Champ Saturday. And I did find a place in Ohio , Red Stewart
Airfield that seems to really be into the old school flying and the new
sport pilot category. They have a Cub and Champ and also offer aerobatics
instruction in several nice taildraggers. There number is 513-897-7717 if
anyone else is interested. And they do have a website just Google them up!
Also from what I have heard is 4 sport pilots are already done with
training down in middle Georgia. He has a Champ down there, but they do the
check ride in a Flightstar.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old May 5th 05, 07:48 PM
Dave Stadt

"gilan" wrote in message
ink.net...
Is anyone seeing Light-Sport Aircraft showing up at their local airports?
Have you met anyone with the new Sport Pilot license?

How do you tell? Do they paint the planes pink and purple and tattoo the
pilots with a SP on their forehead?

--
Mitchell Wing
http://www.mitchellwing.com

Old May 5th 05, 07:57 PM
Paul kgyy

No, you have to do a pair of 360s in the pattern with your Bo while you
wait for them to land.

Old May 5th 05, 10:58 PM
Jimbob

I think it's too soon for the airplanes. Didn't the first ones just
get approved at sun-n-fun in the last week or so? Give them a month
or three.

http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org

Old May 5th 05, 11:25 PM
Robert M. Gary

I think there is some confusion between "Sport Aircraft" of which only
one is now certified and "aircraft Sport Pilots can fly" of which there
are many.

-Robert

Old May 6th 05, 04:31 AM
Jimbob

Those aircraft, such as cubs and champs, are standard category
aircraft that can be flown under the sport pilot rule.

He was reffering to LSA's which there are few if any out there.

On Thu, 05 May 2005 22:20:53 GMT, "Lakeview Bill"
wrote:

Not really...some of them got approved in the 1930's and 40's...

.. .