Night Flights

Old December 7th 04, 12:31 PM
Mhudson126

I suggested to Bob he install an old hand crank telephone generator on the
panel. For some reason he thought this might be tacky. I do not know if it
needs to be opperational or not.

-Mitch
Old December 7th 04, 02:53 PM
OscarCVox

Lasham in the uk
Glider lights - sorted
Runway lights - sorted
Qualified pilots - sorted
Insurance - ah problem no one is prepared to insure a glider for night flying
in the UK
Old December 8th 04, 04:24 AM
Tim Ward

"Mhudson126" wrote in message
I suggested to Bob he install an old hand crank telephone generator on the
panel. For some reason he thought this might be tacky. I do not know if

it
needs to be opperational or not.

-Mitch

Nah, one of those friction-drive generators for a bicycle -- then he can
charge the battery on the takeoff and the rollout.

Tim "It quits working for some reason" Ward

Old December 10th 04, 03:21 PM
Janusz Kesik

Użytkownik "Gary Boggs" napisał w wiadomo¶ci
I know there are sailplanes around the world that are equipped with lights
but I've never read about any night time soaring, are there any stories

out
there?

I'm refurbishing an SGS 2-32 and I'm going to install nav lights on it so
that I don't have to come down late in the day, just as the wave is

getting
better and better. Every month last spring we had beautiful, smooth
lenticular clouds, lit up all night by a gorgeous full moon. Are there

any
accounts of any night wave soaring?

I have been flying some ten flights two years ago, in a SZD-9 Bocian. This
glider is factory equipped with nav lights, and it is very simple grid of
three little bulbs with coloured caps on them, located on the wingtips and
fin (red&green on the wigtips, and white on fin). They're powered with an
additional battery, independent of this which powers the radio and other
electric stuff on board.

Well... great experience, especially on the moonless night as the one we
were flying... I haven't tried wave flying at night, but heard of guys
flying it during the night flights at the Zar Mountain Gliding School in
Poland. It must be a real blast!

Regards,

--
Janusz Kesik
Poland

FAA PPL night flight requirement - does it have to be DUAL? Peter Clark Piloting 21 January 6th 05 12:38 AM
Night solo XC? G. Burkhart Piloting 51 October 14th 04 03:11 PM
Night of the bombers - the most daring special mission of Finnishbombers in WW2 Jukka O. Kauppinen Military Aviation 4 March 22nd 04 11:19 PM