An ACE goes down in flames.

Old November 28th 05, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default An ACE goes down in flames.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...e/13275604.htm
Old November 29th 05, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

PoBoy wrote:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...e/13275604.htm

Sad when a man with such a glorious background succumbs to the trappings
of politics.
Old November 29th 05, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Trappings of bribery. Sadly, the guy was for sale. There may be more
opportunities in politics, but this was being on the take plain and
simply.

Old November 29th 05, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"Jim" wrote in message
PoBoy wrote:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...e/13275604.htm

Sad when a man with such a glorious background succumbs to the trappings
of politics.

Yes. Even sadder still when he goes down in flames alone and the crooked
companies that bribed him are allowed to continue to do work with the
Federal Government. I've never heard of MZM Inc. - went to their website
and it made some vague reference to doing "Homeland Security" work but no
specifics. Does anyone know if they build anything related to Naval
Aviation?

JD

Old November 29th 05, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"Jim" wrote in message
PoBoy wrote:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...e/13275604.htm

Sad when a man with such a glorious background succumbs to the trappings
of politics.

Even sadder when he takes $2.4 million in bribes.

Keith

Old November 29th 05, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Joe Delphi wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
PoBoy wrote:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...e/13275604.htm

Sad when a man with such a glorious background succumbs to the trappings
of politics.

Yes. Even sadder still when he goes down in flames alone and the crooked
companies that bribed him are allowed to continue to do work with the
Federal Government.

Current news reports indicate there's more to come, including other
so-called defense contractors.

I've never heard of MZM Inc. - went to their website
and it made some vague reference to doing "Homeland Security" work but no
specifics. Does anyone know if they build anything related to Naval
Aviation?

Again based on news reports, nothing specific mentioned dealing with
naval aviation.

MW

Old November 30th 05, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"Mike Weeks" wrote in message
oups.com...

Again based on news reports, nothing specific mentioned dealing with
naval aviation.

Not on the level you're discussing Mike, but I can assure you, there will be
an unwritten and fairly silent but brutal ramification within the naval
fighter community.
Cunningham was the top dog in VN..number 1....the bragging rights if you
will. Ritchie has always been merely the good natured runner up at any O
club bar on any naval fighter base since the Viet Nam War. You know fighter
pilots. It's all in fun and very friendly, but deadly serious at the same
time. This kind of reversal doesn't go down well at Squadron level.
Cunningham did it for the navy in VN, and they have been enjoying that and
engaging in friendly harassment with their AF counterparts ever since the
war.
Now Cunningham has handed these guys the ultimate wet towel and from what I
know of the fighter community, the navy fighter community will NEVER forgive
him, even if it's just for that last round at the bar the Air Force would
normally have paid for.
Cunningham is a classic example of a good man gone bad! I can't think of
anyone in my lifetime who had more going for him and ended up with less than
Randy.
Dudley Henriques

Old November 30th 05, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Dudley,

Well-put.

--
Mike Kanze

"The day that members of Congress will send their kids to the public schools of Washington, D.C., is the day I'll know we've fixed education in America."

- SEN John McCain, Wall Street Journal (11/27/05)

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message ink.net...

oups.com...

Old November 30th 05, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Mike Weeks" wrote in message
oups.com...

Again based on news reports, nothing specific mentioned dealing with
naval aviation.

Not on the level you're discussing Mike, but I can assure you, there willbe
an unwritten and fairly silent but brutal ramification within the naval
fighter community.

Excuse me? Here was the question: "Does anyone know if they build
anything related to Naval Aviation?"

I have no idea whatsoever as to what you _think_ I was claiming with my
response above.

Cunningham was the top dog in VN..number 1....the bragging rights if you
will. Ritchie has always been merely the good natured runner up at any O
club bar on any naval fighter base since the Viet Nam War. You know fighter
pilots. It's all in fun and very friendly, but deadly serious at the same
time. This kind of reversal doesn't go down well at Squadron level.

And this has what to do with what was asked, and the resulting
response?

Cunningham did it for the navy in VN, and they have been enjoying that and
engaging in friendly harassment with their AF counterparts ever since the
war.
Now Cunningham has handed these guys the ultimate wet towel and from whatI
know of the fighter community, the navy fighter community will NEVER forgive
him, even if it's just for that last round at the bar the Air Force would
normally have paid for.

This may come somewhat as a shock, but it's going to be more than the
"navy fighter community" which isn't going to foregive him for what
he's done.

But more to the point; what does it have to do with what was asked, and
the response?

Cunningham is a classic example of a good man gone bad! I can't think of
anyone in my lifetime who had more going for him and ended up with less than
Randy.

And he has nobody to blame but himself, which I assume there will be no
argument. And as before, this has what to do with the question asked,
and what I posted?

MW

Old November 30th 05, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"Mike Weeks" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Mike Weeks" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Get a ****ing life Weeks, and don't take yourself so ****ing seriously!
DH

Yet another A36 crash H.P. Piloting 10 April 23rd 05 05:58 PM
Halon Fire Extinguisher? O. Sami Saydjari Owning 14 May 4th 04 10:27 PM