IFR Terminal Procedures Tool

Old February 1st 05, 07:29 PM
Todd Neidinger

Default IFR Terminal Procedures Tool

Hi All,

I recently started working on an instrument rating and found that the
www.naco.faa.gov website is little cumbersome to download and print
approach plates. So I created a little tool that simplifies the process
and thought others might find it useful. The tool will assemble a
single PDF document of all terminal procedures publications for one or
more (max. of 3) airports. You can also select which types of
approaches you'd like included and can also include airport diagrams,
takeoff min. and radar min. Please be patient as the downloading and PDF
assembling can take some time.

http://arion.doit.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/tpp.pl
username/password is guest/guest

I also created a frequency and navaid tool that will calculate all
airports and navaids along a flight and print the basic information
about them. It takes a 20nm path for airports and a 50nm path for
navaids. They are presented in the order that they will be encountered.
You can give it a try he

http://arion.doit.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/flightplan.cgi
username/password is guest/guest

Questions, comments or suggestion are welcome.

Todd Neidinger

remove the no and spam from the return email address.
Old February 1st 05, 07:54 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
Todd Neidinger wrote:
Hi All,

I recently started working on an instrument rating and found that the
www.naco.faa.gov website is little cumbersome to download and print
approach plates. So I created a little tool that simplifies the process
and thought others might find it useful. The tool will assemble a
single PDF document of all terminal procedures publications for one or
more (max. of 3) airports.

Awesome! I've been thinking of doing something like this for a while,
but never got off my butt and did it. Thanks for putting it together.
Old February 1st 05, 07:57 PM
Julian Scarfe

"Todd Neidinger" wrote in message

I recently started working on an instrument rating and found that the
www.naco.faa.gov website is little cumbersome to download and print
approach plates. So I created a little tool that simplifies the process
and thought others might find it useful. The tool will assemble a
single PDF document of all terminal procedures publications for one or
more (max. of 3) airports. You can also select which types of
approaches you'd like included and can also include airport diagrams,
takeoff min. and radar min. Please be patient as the downloading and PDF
assembling can take some time.

Very nice. Which PDF module did you use for the assembly?

Julian Scarfe

Old February 1st 05, 10:08 PM
Jim Burns

Thanks!!! That TPP tool is handy, but the airport/navaid tool doesn't seem
to be working. I don't get any output.
Jim

Old February 2nd 05, 06:47 AM
Andrew Sarangan

Excellent. My only suggestion is, can I get more than 3 airports?

Todd Neidinger wrote in news:ctola3$ljk$1
@news.doit.wisc.edu:

http://arion.doit.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/tpp.pl

Old February 2nd 05, 02:24 PM
gregscheetah

Todd,

The PDF maker works great. But the freq / navaid tool doesn't appear
to do anything.
I tried it with 3y3 and RVS.

Greg

Old February 2nd 05, 03:56 PM
Todd Neidinger

Fixed. There was a little bug when using that tool with I/E. I tested
using firefox only, after all who's using i/e anymore ;^)

Old February 2nd 05, 05:45 PM
dlevy

Thanks Todd.

This question goes out to those with ifr experience (I'm proud to say my
ticket is 17 days old). Is it reasonable to just print the destination and
alternate plates and depart?