Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Old December 22nd 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Deaf2u wrote:
http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly. What's
the story here Juan?

Damned good looking, er ~ stipulation ~ had to put up a Free
Advertisement for it:

www.waterworkscase.com

Up towards the top of the page...

What if I don't have a wife...can I have just any forge a
signature..."Mrs. DA BEAR!!!" (!?)

Old December 22nd 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Al G wrote:

Can anybody compete for a Guiness World Record "Lightest Jet"?
What are the rules? Obviously it need not be an actual flying airplane...

Al G

You see those two ropes hiding behind the wing? G

U Buy, U Control...U can do anything on the outside of one of
these...including touch the face of God, much like bug squat on a
windshield...

So, when exactly did Cox quit the .049 and get into circular fans...?

Old December 22nd 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Dan wrote:

What his excuse is now
is anyone's guess.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Three words for you:

"Defense Legal Fund"

Old December 22nd 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Dan wrote:

What his excuse is now
is anyone's guess.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Three words for you:

"Defense Legal Fund"

Old December 22nd 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

.So much for his
faith in the BEDE design .All sizzle no bacon.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

If he's cut 800 pounds out it, it's no longer a BEDE design...

....and its his bacon he's worrying about when it comes to sizzling!
Especially when the thing augers in with him in it!

You know, take off one of the wings and tail, and it looks just like
one of those George Foreman frypans...

No guts, no glory! LOL!!!

Old December 22nd 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Richard Isakson wrote:
Warning!: From what Juan has written on this newsgroup, he hasn't been
able start his engine in a Year and a half.

Warning!: From what Juan has written on this newsgroup, this engine doesn't
have it's fuel control unit that would protect it from a turbine over temp.

Warning!: From the description of this engine in Janes, this engine doesn't
have a turbine disk failure system. This makes Juan's airplane lighter than
all other BD-5Js and won him recognition as having the lightest non-flying,
non-running BD-5J in the world to be recognized by a beer company.

Warning!: If you are near this airplane while its running be very worried.
If the turbine over temps and starts shedding turbine blades, there's
nothing to stop them from going through fuselage structural members, flight
controls, control cables, fuel tanks and anyone standing nearby.

Did Juan forget to mention all this in his ad?

Rich

No, I'm sure it's in there! You just got to read between the lines ~
the fuel and control lines in this case ~ but those count as "lines,"
right? They go with the plane...don't they?

Well, it's like they always say:

Juan for the money, two for the no show, three to get ready! Followed
by sounds of crash, explosion, funeral dirge...in that order.

Old December 22nd 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Harry K

Deaf2u wrote:
I just want to know why he doesn't fly it, or at least watch it fly. I have
nothing against the guy, I don't know him and I'm not going to judge by who
he calls a friend. It just seems that he's put in a lot of effort here, I'd
want to see it fly.

But how much time did he put into it? From the description it looks
like he bought a partially finished kit in Australia.

Harry K

Old December 22nd 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Deaf2u

Well once again, disregarding the apparently intense battle\hatred DABEAR
has for Juan I still find it curious. He's owned this plane, taken pride and
made some fairly loud noises about owning it. He has a website about it and
has been all about this plane for a while and yet has no desire to see it
fulfill it's mission. I have no interest in it, I'm more interested in slow
planes with floats but I am curious.

The ad says he now wants a motorglider, now that's a far way from a little
jet.

Old December 22nd 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Richard Riley" wrote)
We talked about this here back when the Yawner got his "record." It's not
for the *lightest* jet, it's for the *smallest* jet. IIRC, the CriCri was
lighter, but was a little bigger in wingspan or length.

Of course, and airplane doesn't have to actually fly to be an airplane.
I'm told there's a broom and a carpet on the FAA registry.

The Cri-Cri is about 10 inches longer.
The Cri-Cri weighs half as much.
The Cri-Cri's wingspan is shorter by about a foot. (16' vs. 17')
The Cri-Cri (jet) flies, has flown, will fly, did fly...

http://home.regent.edu/ruthven/bd-5.html
BD-5

http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html
Cri-Cri (jet)

http://www.flight.cz/cricri/english/
GREAT Cri-Cri site. Check out the (new) NZ video.

Montblack
Cri-Cri fan