Avionic Dittel Radio Repair ??

Old August 10th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dixie Sierra

Default Avionic Dittel Radio Repair ??

The other kids didn't want to play with me today because my radio is
unreadable on 123.3. It seems to be fine on the local unicomm freq of
123.00. I have not tested on other freq's.

It doesn't sound like something I'll be able to fix. Which leads to
where can I get the radio evaulated/worked on? Google didn't help
much.

I'm in South Carolina, but I doubt my location is relevant other than
I don't really care to ship it over seas.

Doug
Old August 10th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

On Aug 9, 9:51*pm, Dixie Sierra wrote:
The other kids didn't want to play with me today because my radio is
unreadable on 123.3. It seems to be fine on the local unicomm freq of
123.00. I have not tested on other freq's.

It doesn't sound like something I'll be able to fix. Which leads to
where can I get the radio evaulated/worked on? Google didn't help
much.

I'm in South Carolina, but I doubt my location is relevant other than
I don't really care to ship it over seas.

Doug

Doug,

try http://www.erieaviation.com/index.htm

Uli

Old August 11th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Rick Lord is no longer working on any of the German radios at Erie Aviation
though they are still working on and are the only approved warranty repair
station in the US for Microair.
Try Nick's Electronics in Florida,
NICK'S ELECTRONICS & AVIONICS INC.
13370 SW 131 Street
STE 113
Miami, FL 33186
(305) 278-9831

I believe he can help you but make sure to tell him which Avionic Dittel (no
relationship with Walter Dittel) radio you have. There are several models,
some more likely repairable than others.
tim

Old August 11th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Reed[_2_]

If you haven't already tried this, consider the possibility of a failing
battery.

My radio is an ATR 720b, which I believe is made by Dittel, and has four
user-selected presets selected by a four-position rotary knob. As the
voltage drops, first one then another of these becomes unusable. I've
not checked whether this is related to the frequency or to the preset
position, but changing to a freshly charged battery fixes the problem.
If your battery is no longer taking a full charge, this might be your
problem.

Old August 12th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

At 15:52 11 August 2008, Tim Mara wrote:
Rick Lord is no longer working on any of the German radios at Erie

Aviation

though they are still working on and are the only approved warranty

repair

station in the US for Microair.
Try Nick's Electronics in Florida,
NICK'S ELECTRONICS & AVIONICS INC.
13370 SW 131 Street
STE 113
Miami, FL 33186
(305) 278-9831

I had a little experience with these guys last year, and
I can heartily endorse them as good guys. I sent them
a Microair that wasn't working for me, but the problem
turned out to be my own mistake in wiring the glider.
They tested it, sent it back with a note explaining it
worked fine for them, and didn't charge me a dime, not
even for the return shipping. You can't ask for better
treatment than that. Next time I have a problem, I'm
going to them.

Jim Beckman

Old August 12th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

I had a little experience with these guys last year, and
I can heartily endorse them as good guys.

I seem to have been a little unclear in this. I dealt
with Erie Aviation for a Microair radio, and they
treated me *very* nicely.

Jim Beckman

Dittel radio repair location? Sam Discusflyer Soaring 2 July 21st 07 10:52 PM
Dittel 720A repair station? Doug Soaring 1 May 14th 07 10:53 PM
Dittel radio Q Ken Ward Soaring 9 April 26th 06 12:40 AM
User Manual for Dittel Avionic LX1000 GM Soaring 0 April 9th 06 12:31 AM
Dittel Radio Repair [email protected] Soaring 4 July 22nd 05 12:02 PM