Anyone have experience with SoftComm?

Old August 4th 03, 01:28 AM
norm

Default Anyone have experience with SoftComm?

I am looking at picking up a pair of C-50 Black Knight or C-40-10 Red Baron
headsets for the back seats. I don't want to be too cheap but I don't want
to spend a ton of money on headsets for the occasional PAX. It is looking
like they would be a pretty good alternative to the good sets. Any
experiences or thoughts?

Thanks
Norm

Old August 5th 03, 01:58 AM
Cecil E. Chapman

I like 'em.... used the c-50 for my first few months of flight training...
the c-40-10 Red Baron is nice too... use it for my stepson...

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

My personal adventures as a student pilot
and after my PPL: www.bayareapilot.com

Old August 5th 03, 07:10 PM
John Galban

"norm" wrote in message ...
I am looking at picking up a pair of C-50 Black Knight or C-40-10 Red Baron
headsets for the back seats. I don't want to be too cheap but I don't want
to spend a ton of money on headsets for the occasional PAX. It is looking
like they would be a pretty good alternative to the good sets. Any
experiences or thoughts?

I don't own either of the ones you mentioned, but I have had a
couple of Softcomms (C-10 and C-60) in the cockpit for about 10 yrs.
Overall I've been pleased with the quality of their products. On
long flights, it's tough to decide on using my very comfortable C-10
without ANR, or my quieter but less comfortable DC H10-13x.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old August 6th 03, 12:43 AM
David Reinhart

I have one. I forget the model number, but one of the ear cups sort of folds
up into the headband so that the headset folds into a very compact package that
fits easily into the flight bag. I like it just fine. As I recall it was the
cheapest model the sell. I got it for about $90.

Dave Reinhart