Garmin: tax-dodging scumbags?

Old April 25th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

Default Garmin: tax-dodging scumbags?

Turns out Garmin Ltd is headquartered in the Cayman Islands:
http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/i.../10-K_2007.pdf

Does this mean they're avoiding corporate taxes in the US?
--
The crimes of the U.S. throughout the world have been systematic,
constant, clinical, remorseless, and fully documented but nobody cares
Old April 26th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 25, 2:25*pm, Bob Fry wrote:
Turns out Garmin Ltd is headquartered in the Cayman Islands:http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/i.../10-K_2007.pdf

Does this mean they're avoiding corporate taxes in the US?

Why? Do you feel they owe you some? Garmin makes a lot of money
outside the US. Why should they send money they make in Europe to the
US?

-Robert

Old April 26th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"RG" == Robert M Gary writes:

RG On Apr 25, 2:25*pm, Bob Fry wrote:
Turns out Garmin Ltd is headquartered in the Cayman
Islands:http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/i.../10-K_2007.pdf

Does this mean they're avoiding corporate taxes in the US?

RG Why? Do you feel they owe you some? Garmin makes a lot of
RG money outside the US. Why should they send money they make in
RG Europe to the US?

Can't answer the question?
~ Henry David Thoreau
Old April 26th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Bob Fry wrote:
"RG" == Robert M Gary writes:

RG On Apr 25, 2:25?pm, Bob Fry wrote:
Turns out Garmin Ltd is headquartered in the Cayman
Islands:http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/i.../10-K_2007.pdf

Does this mean they're avoiding corporate taxes in the US?

RG Why? Do you feel they owe you some? Garmin makes a lot of
RG money outside the US. Why should they send money they make in
RG Europe to the US?

Can't answer the question?

It is a stupid question.

All corporations doing business in the US have to pay taxes on their US
operations no matter where their headquarters are.

If your beef is with non US goods, better stay away from Avmap too as
they are headquartered in Italy.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old April 26th 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 25, 7:39*pm, Bob Fry wrote:

Can't answer the question?

You seem highly opinionated about something you know nothing about.
The location of an organization does not affect the taxes owed on US
income. However, I'm sure as hell not going to be stupid enough to
take the money my company earns in Asia and route it through a US head
quarters. I could never compete if I'm paying double the taxes other
companies in that area of the world are. And besides, what right does
the US gov't have to money earned (and spent) outside the US. I have
employees all over the planet and we have income all over the planet,
the US gov't has nothing to do with much of it.
Even companies you *think* are US based have offshore operations to
hold their non-US earned income. No one is stupid enough (or could
compete) if they had to pay US taxes on saleries they paid to South
American employees.

-Robert
Old April 26th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_13_]

If you direct their work or they are using tools, technology or knowledge
developed in the US then they are a US company and the fact that they
perform the work outside the US does not stop the income from being
attributed to a US based company. Now weather or not the US Government has
a right to tax it is another story.

Old April 26th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

It's double taxation.

There were some efforts in the past few years to rectify this situation, but
some party has nullified that effort.

Guess who.

On Apr 25, 2:25 pm, Bob Fry wrote:
Turns out Garmin Ltd is headquartered in the Cayman
Islands:http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/i.../10-K_2007.pdf

Does this mean they're avoiding corporate taxes in the US?

Why? Do you feel they owe you some? Garmin makes a lot of money
outside the US. Why should they send money they make in Europe to the
US?

-Robert

Garmin 596 at OSH? Dan Luke[_2_] Piloting 13 July 23rd 07 05:39 PM
XM Wx Garmin 430/430W with Garmin GDL-69? [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 4 March 5th 07 03:52 AM
This is why Garmin 296's street price has been dropping -> Garmin 396 [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 7 July 11th 05 06:39 PM
Garmin 480 Hankal Piloting 1 November 8th 04 03:35 AM
GARMIN 295 AND 195 SAMI Owning 3 February 18th 04 10:27 PM