Are there any active Cessna 150/152 owners groups?

Old August 25th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected][_2_]

Default Are there any active Cessna 150/152 owners groups?

I just bought a Cessna 152. I was trying to find an owners group I can
join, but I never get a response.
I tried the cessna_150_152_group on yahoo groups as well as
cessna150152.com and do not
get a response.

Is any there anyone who is a member of either of these groups?
Are there any websites/forums devoted to Cessna 150/152 ownership?
Old August 25th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_1_]

" wrote:

I just bought a Cessna 152. I was trying to find an owners group I can
join, but I never get a response.
I tried the cessna_150_152_group on yahoo groups as well as
cessna150152.com and do not
get a response.

Is any there anyone who is a member of either of these groups?
Are there any websites/forums devoted to Cessna 150/152 ownership?

The group to join is Cessna Pilots Association, http://www.cessna.org They
have a very active forum with topics for all the Cessna models. Lots of
good technical information available as well.

Mike
Old August 26th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_12_]

Mike Adams wrote:

" wrote:

I just bought a Cessna 152. I was trying to find an owners group I
can join, but I never get a response.
I tried the cessna_150_152_group on yahoo groups as well as
cessna150152.com and do not
get a response.

Is any there anyone who is a member of either of these groups?
Are there any websites/forums devoted to Cessna 150/152 ownership?

The group to join is Cessna Pilots Association, http://www.cessna.org
They have a very active forum with topics for all the Cessna models.
Lots of good technical information available as well.

Mike

Is there a similar group for Beechcraft pilots?
Old August 26th 09, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Frank Stutzman[_3_]

Franklin wrote:
Mike Adams wrote:

" wrote:

I just bought a Cessna 152. I was trying to find an owners group I
can join, but I never get a response.
I tried the cessna_150_152_group on yahoo groups as well as
cessna150152.com and do not
get a response.

Is any there anyone who is a member of either of these groups?
Are there any websites/forums devoted to Cessna 150/152 ownership?

The group to join is Cessna Pilots Association, http://www.cessna.org
They have a very active forum with topics for all the Cessna models.
Lots of good technical information available as well.

Mike

Is there a similar group for Beechcraft pilots?

Which Beechcraft are you refering to?

For Bonanza's and Barons there is, of course, the American Bonanza Society
(www.bonanza.org) the offical source. There is a simular organization
for the Musketeers/Sierras/Sundowners, but I don't know their name.

If you want a more informal discussion group for Bonanzas and Barons, you will
want to subscribe at http://lists.aviating.com/mailman/listinfo/beech-owners
(WARNING: Probably more discussion (OT and off) than you could want). There
is a simular group through Matronics, but it doesn't get much traffice.
There is also www.beechtalk.com, which seems to be good, but I don't have
much experience with it.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old August 27th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Poitras

http://www.beechaeroclub.org/

--
Don Poitras
Old August 28th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
150flivver

On Aug 27, 10:07*am, (Don Poitras) wrote:
Frank Stutzman wrote:
Franklin wrote:
Is there a similar group for Beechcraft pilots?

Which Beechcraft are you refering to?
For Bonanza's and Barons there is, of course, the American Bonanza Society
(www.bonanza.org) the offical source. *There is a simular organization
for the Musketeers/Sierras/Sundowners, but I don't know their name. *

http://www.beechaeroclub.org/

--
Don Poitras

I recommend the Cessna 150/152 Club whose web address is
http://www.cessna150152.com The CPA caters to the bigger Cessnas
while the 150/152 club deals strictly with the 2 seaters. Every year
they have a fly-in at Clinton Iowa right before Oshkosh.
Old August 29th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_12_]

Frank Stutzman wrote:

Franklin wrote:
Mike Adams wrote:

" wrote:

[...]

I'm interested in the Beech Baron. Will following up those links.
Old October 31st 09, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

Mike Adams wrote:

I just bought a Cessna 152. I was trying to find an owners group I
can join...

The group to join is Cessna Pilots Association, http://www.cessna.org
They have a very active forum with topics for all the Cessna models.
Lots of good technical information available as well.

Mike

Hmmm....$50+ pa for a monthly mag. Their Tech notes seem handy.
They even show one - probably the most important one - for free:
Wheel Shimmy.

Brian W
Old November 2nd 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

brian whatcott wrote:
Mike Adams wrote:

I just bought a Cessna 152. I was trying to find an owners group I
can join...

The group to join is Cessna Pilots Association, http://www.cessna.org
They have a very active forum with topics for all the Cessna models.
Lots of good technical information available as well.

Mike

Hmmm....$50+ pa for a monthly mag. Their Tech notes seem handy.
They even show one - probably the most important one - for free:
Wheel Shimmy.

Brian W

I was a member of the CPA for years until I had to sell my Skyhawk due
to medical reasons. They are a wealth of informaton. I saw that you
mentioned wheel shimmy - you gotta love Cessna. I installed one of the
new Lord dampers and it works as advertised. Much better that the old
fluid filled OEM part. Just be sure it is correctly shimmed. There are
other issues in the nose strut that can lead to shimmy.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old November 2nd 09, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.aviation.piloting
Roger Hunt

hummingbird wrote

Seen on a London bus: http://is.gd/4KrUg
lol.

Er coff how comes the price is in Merkan Bucks then?
--
Roger Hunt