Ka-6 Oxygen

Old January 3rd 12, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Default Ka-6 Oxygen

So I'm thinking about maybe going to the carolina wave camp, but my flatland
Ka-6Cr isn't equipped with O2. I seem to recall that the round hole in the
bulkhead on the right side behind the pilot is intended to hold a bottle.

What size bottle is supposed to fit in there?

Thanks

Peter
N4793T

Old January 3rd 12, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_3_]

Am 03.01.2012 18:01, Peter von Tresckow wrote:
So I'm thinking about maybe going to the carolina wave camp, but my flatland
Ka-6Cr isn't equipped with O2. I seem to recall that the round hole in the
bulkhead on the right side behind the pilot is intended to hold a bottle.

What size bottle is supposed to fit in there?

Thanks

Peter
N4793T

It probably was made for a standard 3 Liter steel bottle, diameter is
100mm, length of the bottle ca. 50 cm (without the valve). This is the
usual standard in Schleicher planes.

--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE

Old January 3rd 12, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

most K6's had a tube for mounting oxygen bottles, unfortunately the tube fit
the european bottles that are just a smidge smaller OD than they typical US
Bottles and their bottles didn't include a blow out fixture and therefore
don't pass US DOT standards and cannot be used....so it may require a
smaller size system to fit but the newer systems utilizing oxysaver cannulas
and even Aerox DDO2 systems the systems are far more efficient than the old
system sand duration can be very similar to the older larger
bottles.....these new systems can be quickly added since they are completely
portable and don't even require any installation, or paperwork.
please see http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page35.htm for more data
tim

signature database 6765 (20120103) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6765 (20120103) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old January 4th 12, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Peter,

I had the EDS system coupled to their 11 cu foot "F" Kevlar bottle. The
bottle fit the Ka-6E hole once it was rapped with a layer of felt.

http://www.mhoxygen.com/index.php?op...id=6&Itemid=66
http://www.mhoxygen.com/index.php?op...id=23&Itemid=2
http://www.mhoxygen.com/index.php?op...54&It emid=49

Wayne

Oxygen Jim[_18_] Soaring 5 September 28th 11 11:59 PM
SZD-55 and oxygen David Pye[_2_] Soaring 1 February 27th 07 05:56 PM
SZD-55 and oxygen David Pye[_2_] Soaring 0 February 27th 07 09:04 AM
Do you always have oxygen? Mxsmanic Piloting 32 November 18th 06 11:30 PM
hi alt oxygen Arquebus257WeaMag Military Aviation 62 March 28th 04 04:57 PM