What's your favorite YouTube/Vimeo soaring video?

Old March 10th 15, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default What's your favorite YouTube/Vimeo soaring video?

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 3:30:04 PM UTC-7, Charlie Jordan wrote:
We run a YouTube channel for the exploits of Junior pilots in the UK.

Don't forget the one that really helped put glider videos on the map many years ago. Shot before inexpensive HD cameras were widely available, it nevertheless features a lot of innovative shots and some impressive flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioLjWShI-ac

9B
Old March 11th 15, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil McLaughlin[_3_]

wrote:
We run a YouTube channel for the exploits of Junior pilots in the

UK.

Don't forget the one that really helped put glider videos on the map

many
years ago. Shot before inexpensive HD cameras were widely available,

it
nevertheless features a lot of innovative shots and some impressive

flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioLjWShI-ac

9B

And also the UK Smokin Vid 2004 is also online now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29WFB83UYB4

Old March 11th 15, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom (2NO)

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 12:26:27 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
I think these are fun. I wish other pilots would share this kind of content.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...OMp1tVZ7bkesYf

I have also enjoyed these videos Sean.
Old March 12th 15, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gliderpilotGR

ASW-20 in Greece. I really like the music and editing.
This is a shameless plug. Let's see if it makes a difference on the statistics. The editor / poster deserves it.

Didn't have to do anything, he filmed and arranged everything while I was too busy familiarising myself with the new ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TfSpwGUX4s
Old March 13th 15, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

And a couple of winch videos-

One with trees: Karl

https://vimeo.com/51897500

And one without: Chris

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D25dhdQ8rbM

Old March 13th 15, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

The one of Karl's winch launching was great fun!
Old March 14th 15, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 11:20:22 AM UTC+13, Sean Fidler wrote:
The one of Karl's winch launching was great fun!

Very interesting site. Fine for gliders, which don't need much smooth ground, but I wonder how the 6 (?) seat low wing single engine plane visible near the buildings gets on with those undulations and slope.
Old March 14th 15, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, March 13, 2015 at 8:46:38 PM UTC-4, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 11:20:22 AM UTC+13, Sean Fidler wrote:
The one of Karl's winch launching was great fun!

Very interesting site. Fine for gliders, which don't need much smooth ground, but I wonder how the 6 (?) seat low wing single engine plane visible near the buildings gets on with those undulations and slope.

It's called pilot skill
The guy that flies that is a seriously good stick.
UH
Old March 14th 15, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 2:06:27 PM UTC+13, wrote:
On Friday, March 13, 2015 at 8:46:38 PM UTC-4, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 11:20:22 AM UTC+13, Sean Fidler wrote:
The one of Karl's winch launching was great fun!

Very interesting site. Fine for gliders, which don't need much smooth ground, but I wonder how the 6 (?) seat low wing single engine plane visible near the buildings gets on with those undulations and slope.

It's called pilot skill
The guy that flies that is a seriously good stick.
UH

Yes, I had the pleasure of meeting him in Omarama in 1995:

http://gei.aerobaticsweb.org/WORLD_95/results_d3.html
Old March 15th 15, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Adams

On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 9:37:20 PM UTC-5, Paul Villinski wrote:
This is currently my favorite soaring video found online just for the fun-factor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rCtnTXo3SE

What's yours and why?

Editing, music, aerobatics...has it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0QyKsZBUrMI