Hull/Liability Insurance Recommendations

Old October 13th 04, 10:38 PM
Doug

No harm in getting a quote from Avemco. 800-283-7019.

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..
The BlueOnBlue 182 is coming up for insurance (hull & liability) renewal in
about fifteen days. I'm very careful to get competitive quotes using the same
coverage. So far it is:

Phoenix $805
AIG $920
Global $939 (current carrier with no renewal discount)

Any suggestions on another quote that can be done inside a week?

Any COMMENTS, good or bad, about the two lowest bidders?

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old October 14th 04, 12:23 AM
Newps

Jim Weir wrote:

What possible difference would that make? All that should matter is that I give
the same information to each company from whom I solicit a bid.

Because it seems to make a difference to you, $45K hull, $500K liability limited
to $100K/passenger.

I have a $70K hull on my 182, $1 mil/$100K per passenger. I paid $1050
last May to Global. This is my second year with them. I had USAIG for
the 5 years prior to that. They were about $50 more than Global. So
your numbers look pretty good.

Old October 14th 04, 12:25 AM
Newps

Rick Durden wrote:

Jim,

Those rates sound extremely low for a Cessna 182 of any vintage. What
is the hull value you are insuring? What is the liability coverage
(if you are getting less than $1 million smooth you may very well have
inadequate coverage as the "$100,000 sublimit" policies mean only
$100,000 is available per injured/deceased person, which is not
adequate for such a claim and puts your assets at risk)?

It sounds as if your broker has shopped the market. The companies you
referenced are all very reputable. The concern I have is that the
quote you have just seems too low by a large factor. I would be
surprised to find satisfactory coverage for a Cessna 182 for under
$2,000 a year.

I have never paid anywhere near $2K for my 182. Even Avemco, which is
never in the ballpark, has never given me a quote over $2K. But then I
also don't have smooth coverage. Don't need it, won't pay for it.

Old October 14th 04, 02:22 AM
NW_PILOT

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
news
I appreciate the link, but when I go to the online application and

"hangar" and
"occupation" are misspelled, and then go to the "send us email" link and

it
gives me an Apache server error, I tend to shy away.

They are probably very nice people, but their inattention to detail on

their
website makes me question the attention to detail of the business.

Jim

(One's Too Many)

-Give a call to AUA in Greensboro, NC.
-
-
http://www.auaonline.com

http://www.rst-engr.com

Don't blame the company, blame the web master it's usually contracted out
and typos are simple to do everyone dose them.

Old October 14th 04, 02:32 AM
NW_PILOT

"Rick Durden" wrote in message
m...
Jim,

Those rates sound extremely low for a Cessna 182 of any vintage. What
is the hull value you are insuring? What is the liability coverage
(if you are getting less than $1 million smooth you may very well have
inadequate coverage as the "$100,000 sublimit" policies mean only
$100,000 is available per injured/deceased person, which is not
adequate for such a claim and puts your assets at risk)?

I would say depends on his assets,

Old October 14th 04, 02:44 AM
Dude

Jim, I agree with you totally. I don't make too much of appearences, but
there is a limit to what you can live with. It's not worth the self doubt
that will creep in everytime there is a problem - "I knew they were shoddy,
why did I not just pass on them!"