Farting Passenger Forces Plane to Divert Route (Text only)

Old December 6th 06, 12:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Blue Oval/Dan Edwards

Default Farting Passenger Forces Plane to Divert Route (Text only)

NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) It is considered polite to light a match after passing
gas. Not while on a plane.

An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday
morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence,
authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers
reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance,
spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99
passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane
was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an
attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified
medical condition, authorities said.

"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she
said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane.
The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident.

Old December 6th 06, 12:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Blue Oval/Dan Edwards wrote:
[...]

It could have been worse, she could have been searched by Homeland
Security officers, who were looking for a bugle.

Jeebus, give the girl a break, when I fart on a plane the other passengers
try to open the windows.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old December 6th 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Dave Kearton wrote:
Blue Oval/Dan Edwards wrote:
[...]

Heh heh, poor lady ... but on the other hand, the reporting passengers
did the right thing. Reporting strange odors, particularly burning
sulfur, is a good idea.

Now what to do about those folks who travel and have not bathed in
several days, do not use deodorant and emit a ghastly smell similar to
that of rotted Limburger cheese?

I used to travel every week in my last couple of years in the Army. One
time I sat next to a guy on an Eastern flight from National Airport to
Miami and then on to Panama. He actually apologized for his terrible
body odor when we sat down, and explained that he had a medical
condition which caused his -- are you ready for this -- smegma to have a
foul odor.

Every time I spread some ancient Gorgonzola cheese onto crackers I have
to repress the memory of that day.

And I like the "when I fart on a plane the other passengers try to open
the windows." comment. And I thought I was the only one that happened to!

Fragrantly,

Dave

Old December 6th 06, 02:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
Dave Kearton wrote:

Blue Oval/Dan Edwards wrote:

[...]

LOLROTFLMAO!!!!
My day now has a better start!
Thanks!

--
PC Paul
89 PC800

Trip pics at: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C-141 1st class window view .jpg
Views:	32
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1348
Old December 6th 06, 04:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

"Blue Oval/Dan Edwards" wrote in message

NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) It is considered polite to light a match after

passing
gas. Not while on a plane.

What bugs me about this story is that the woman was not allowed back on the
plane - she wasn't charged with anything afterall.

--
Alan Erskine

Old December 6th 06, 04:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Alan Erskine wrote:
"Blue Oval/Dan Edwards" wrote in message

NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) It is considered polite to light a match after

passing

gas. Not while on a plane.

What bugs me about this story is that the woman was not allowed back on the
plane - she wasn't charged with anything afterall.

--
Alan Erskine

If she was still emitting, I would hesitate to sit near her...

Old December 6th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
alf blume

(Text only)

Thank you for that - no attachement of a smelly sample ;-)

Old December 7th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Blue Oval/Dan Edwards" wrote in message

NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) It is considered polite to light a match after

passing
gas. Not while on a plane.

What bugs me about this story is that the woman was not allowed back on

the
plane - she wasn't charged with anything afterall.

--
Alan Erskine

Just another hamfisted way of making a good example of an individual's error
in judgement.
Actually she should have thought better.
Whatever... I am curoius to know what she had to go thru to finally get to
her destination and at what cost. To get booted off a plane at an
unscheduled detination and left behind has to be inconvenient to say the
least.

Old December 7th 06, 02:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Alan wrote:
"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Blue Oval/Dan Edwards" wrote in
message ...
NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) It is considered polite to light a match
after

passing
gas. Not while on a plane.

What bugs me about this story is that the woman was not allowed
back on

the
plane - she wasn't charged with anything afterall.

-- Alan Erskine

Just another hamfisted way of making a good example of an
individual's error in judgement. Actually she should have thought
better. Whatever... I am curoius to know what she had to go thru to
finally get to her destination and at what cost. To get booted off a
plane at an unscheduled detination and left behind has to be
inconvenient to say the least.

The local media here in the Nashville area didn't say much except that
she was "barred from flying". Depending upon where was going, she may
have had to take the Greyhound Bus.

Personally, I think the whole situation stinks.

Cheers,

Dave

Old December 7th 06, 02:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Personally, I think the whole situation stinks.

Cheers,

Dave

Certainly is a nasty report.

--