What F-102 units were called up for Viet Nam

Old March 5th 06, 04:07 AM
bjholt bjholt is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarver Engineering
I want this for a political newsgroup.

thanks
I was a member of the initial Operation Waterglass team in 1962. It was a highly classified mission and used F102's from several places. I don't know if all the Waterglass details have been declassified, so will not be specific regarding the home bases of the aircraft and personnel.
Old March 5th 06, 04:13 AM
bjholt bjholt is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r
Hi John

Good timing. I'm presently working on a journal article about F-102 ops
in Viet Nam and Thailand code named 'Water Glass' and 'Candy Time'.

The following active duty units operated the Convair the F-102A and
TF-102's in Viet Nam and Thailand:

64th FIS/405th FW
82nd FIS/51st FW
509th FIS/405th FW

Cheers...Chris
I am very interested in reading your article. I participated in Operation Waterglass in 1962 and know quite a bit about it and the F102 in general.