A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Seminole-Lake Accident

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8th 20, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Seminole-Lake Accident

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 11:30:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I'll push back on the blanket condemnation of the FAA/NTSB. I should wait for someone with more specific knowledge to comment but my understanding is that they were quite conscientious and helpful in a recent accident investigation in our area.

My experience with the Feds has been mixed. Some are sharp, knowledgeable, open minded, and want to help. Others are self-important, insecure, blustering bureaucrats who jump to conclusions. It's a wide spectrum, sort of like with glider pilots, as we've seen on this forum from time to time.

Nothing is ever all good or bad. I suspect, as in most areas of our lives, how we behave and interact with the Feds has something to do with how they treat us. And that, in turn, probably has some impact on how they treat the next glider pilot they encounter.

Chip Bearden
ASW 24

Well said, Chip. And I'm very sorry to hear a fellow glider pilot is no longer with us. Condolences to their friends and family.

Mike Brooks
XL5