Israeli Air Force to lose Middle East Air Superiority Capability to the Saudis in the near future

Old September 17th 03, 05:33 PM
phil hunt

On 17 Sep 2003 08:41:16 -0700, robert arndt wrote:

Tehran should be a smoking ruin by now,
[...]
I only live for the day [when I can] watch as Tehran disappears in
a mushroom cloud.

When are you growing the toothbrush mustache, Bob?

--
A: top posting

Q: what's the most annoying thing about Usenet?

Old September 17th 03, 06:57 PM
Tom Cooper

"robert arndt" wrote in message
om...
"Tom Cooper" wrote in message

"Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman" wrote in
message ...

snip

This was acknowleged the day it happened by US Intellegence as well as

photo
shots that appeared in the NY Times released by the IAF to the press.

The
building was the right building and after the war even Syria admitted

it
happend. It is you that are full of Bull ****.

Aha. Interesting.

Not really Tom since you excel in the art of BS. Don't you have some

pro-Iranian/anti- Israeli rally to attend someplace? Or do you send your
money to Saudi Arabian charities in the hope they will reach Hamas?
Tehran should be a smoking ruin by now, given it is a terror
sponsoring state and lying about its underground nuclear program...
but I guess you are happy that both the US and Israeli are restrained
for the moment- the Israelis caught up in 36 months of Intifada, us
bogged down in both Afghanistan and Iraq.
I only live for the day one of the two or both strike Iran and shoot
their aircraft out of the skies. Better yet, let Iran fire a salvo of
IRBMs at Israel and watch as Tehran disappears in a mushroom cloud.

Yes. Stupids are everywhere.

Tom Cooper
Co-Author:
Iran-Iraq War in the Air, 1980-1988:
http://www.acig.org/pg1/content.php
and,
Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat:
http://www.osprey-publishing.co.uk/t...hp/title=S6585

Old September 17th 03, 07:59 PM

Kevin Brooks wrote:
"Tom Cooper" wrote in message
"Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman" wrote in
message ...

snip

This was acknowleged the day it happened by US Intellegence as well
as

photo
shots that appeared in the NY Times released by the IAF to the
press. The building was the right building and after the war even
Syria admitted it happend. It is you that are full of Bull ****.

Aha. Interesting.

So, what you say in essence is this:
- the air battle provoked by the IDF/AF on 30 July 1970 never
happened,

- the Soviets never participated in this battle,

- what happened during this battle was never revealed to the public,

- the Syrians were soooooooooooooooooooooooo endlessly dumb that
they put their "War Room" in the middle of the building with the HQs
of their Army during the War in 1973, so that the IDF/AF could find
and hit the place.

....and all of this because you don't know that the details about
the air battle on 30 July were revealed, and because you think that
the Soviets did not took part in the air battle against the
Israelis, as well as because you don't have a slightest clue about
where the Syrian "War Room" was, and, finally, because the US
president was threatening to attack the USSR with nuclear bombs if
this would happen?

Do you understand how silly this is?

Obviously he does not. Just as he does not apparently realize how
laughable his claim that Israel is developing not one but apparently
two new fighter aircraft is, nor his strange assertion that Israel has
developed some kind of new MANPADS. Apparently a confirmed citizen of
Loonland...

Brooks

Tom Cooper

Time will show that you are the fool. Did you think that the Industry of
Israel would stop with their current fighters that they have been buiding
for years. LOL on that sweat pea (the baby in the old Poppie Comics and
Cartoons - LOL).

They actually are way behind schedule. Remember a speech by BiBi where he
said a main issue he would start to address was the Israeli Defence
Ministry's Dependence on the US Purse Strings. Now how could he do that and
continue to have to buy 3/4 or more of his planes from the US?
Understanding it now. He also led the battle to get the Arrow-I project
started and keep it funded and befor that was ever deployed got the Arrow II
project started. Sharon has almost finished the full deployment plan for
those and he announcded 1 month into his adminstration the *continueing*
aircraft, avionics systems, and the start of the Arrow III development
project. The Arrow I is relatively short range compared to the proposed
Arrow III. The Arrow II will most likely hit an Missle from Lybia passed
appogee while the specifications that are already released (the parts of the
specs not all of them) is to be able to take such out at appogee. Israel
has put via the NASA launch programs a Geo-Stationary satalite that is
believed by many to be only part for communications (the announced purpose)
but also capable of detection of any M.E. Launched Missiles giving more
warning. The proposal is to have a 2 tear ABM capability, faster launching,
faster and longer range Arrow IIIs to be used first and then the Arrow II if
a malfunction is detected that would be the *only* cause of a missed target.

In one laugh you did get something almost right. One, the fighter where
they already have some exepirance already is being scale model wind tunnel
tested for stability testing before the build a first prototype to actually
flight test. The longer range with the larger delivery capacity is still on
the Drawing Boards which means it may be a few years before it gets to even
this point of development. It is also true that the development and testing
will take a lot longer than the US woud take. One must remember that in the
attempt to break the Sound Barrier many prototype planes were lost and in
some cases the US lost the pilots as well, Also the prototypes were useless
designs for any real combat plane. Israel cannot afford that expense when
they test a plane it will be a prototype, yes, but the final plane will be
modelled from that prototype that was the best one. Till then the idea is
that other than mounting the actual weapons systems while the test pilots
test the design, it will only be the final tests of the actual plane that
will test weapons delivery and the installed aviaonics. But the Euro
fighter has been in design now since the US started it's stealth system
design. That was many years ago and still no working plane has emerged. I
would not hold your breath for that so called super plane from the French.
LOL.

--
MattA
?subject=HepatitusC-Objectives

Matt's Hep-C Story web pages are back at a home. No more drop down ads
to get in your way. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/matta00

Truth about Howard Aubrey AKA madyan67:
http://www.geocities.com/lord_haha_libeler/

Old September 17th 03, 08:20 PM

"Tom Cooper" wrote in message

[...]

Can anyone tell me what "IRBMS" are. I know about ABMS and ICBMS, and
S.R.B.M. as well as M.R.B.MS are but never read anything till here about
"IRBMS".

ABM = Anti Balistic missile with the purpose to destroy an inbound missle
before it hits the target.
ICBM = Inter-Contental Balistic Missile - the mainstay of the Cold War for
years. They have enough range to hit any target inside any distant nation.
They do mostly by reaching a high altitude appagee and flying over the North
pole for the old USSR, and Over the Pacific for China, while over the
Atlantic for Europe and Africa.
South America (the farther reaches would be reached by direct path flights
over the Equater from our more Southern Silos.

MRBM - Medium Range Balistic Missiles are incapable of flying the distances
between the Old Soviet Block, US or US and China. The Soviets in the early
1960s placed this type in Cuba and from there put our south and Eastern
States in range with a less than 20 minute warning at most. Since they are
fired from closer the time from a launch to detonation is much shorter.
That is their main value.

SRBM are short range missiles, to that point they fall under Tactical or
actual Battlefield Weapons. Very low in range but hits the target in under
5 minutes. No time given the enemy to react. However the drawback is that
your own troops may be exposed to the Blast, heat and radiation from the
detonation as well. The US at one time proposed to use these if West
Germany was invaded to destroy the invading army. Like the City of Way we
would destroy half of the area to save the area. Play on a General's words
as the US had almost destroyed the city to force out the last of the VC in
the Tet Offensive.

What is a "IRBM". Jane's Does not list it at all so what is it some ray gun
or what? ROFLH at the person that warned about them.

Old September 17th 03, 08:32 PM
Tom Cooper

"Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me what "IRBMS" are. I know about ABMS and ICBMS, and
S.R.B.M. as well as M.R.B.MS are but never read anything till here about
"IRBMS".

IRBM = Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile.

It's the class of ballistic missiles with a range somewhere between 1.500
and 3.000km. They are not "intercontinental", but also not "tactical" or
"short range".

Old September 17th 03, 10:04 PM

Tom Cooper wrote:
"Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman" wrote in
message ...

Can anyone tell me what "IRBMS" are. I know about ABMS and ICBMS,
and S.R.B.M. as well as M.R.B.MS are but never read anything till
here about "IRBMS".

IRBM = Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile.

It's the class of ballistic missiles with a range somewhere between
1.500 and 3.000km. They are not "intercontinental", but also not
"tactical" or "short range".

Tom Cooper
Co-Author:
Iran-Iraq War in the Air, 1980-1988:
http://www.acig.org/pg1/content.php
and,
Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat:
http://www.osprey-publishing.co.uk/t...hp/title=S6585

Then why does Jane's Catalog of weapons held by all nations by nation and by
catagory not mention them?

Old September 18th 03, 01:02 AM
Kevin Brooks

Kevin Brooks wrote:
"Tom Cooper" wrote in message
[...]

Uhmmm...where's the beef? Surely you have some kind of real evidence
of these plans to produce new fighters in Israel? Must be a big
secret, as nobody else seems to have caught on...

You might want to examine a career in science fiction, as you
apparently have the requisite imagination...

Brooks

snip rambling, insubstantial rant
Old September 18th 03, 04:20 AM
Peter Kemp

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:04:20 -0400, "Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman"
wrote:

Tom Cooper wrote:
"Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman" wrote in
message ...

Can anyone tell me what "IRBMS" are. I know about ABMS and ICBMS,
and S.R.B.M. as well as M.R.B.MS are but never read anything till
here about "IRBMS".

IRBM = Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile.

It's the class of ballistic missiles with a range somewhere between
1.500 and 3.000km. They are not "intercontinental", but also not
"tactical" or "short range".

Then why does Jane's Catalog of weapons held by all nations by nation and by
catagory not mention them?

Because you're not using it properly. Get your copy of Janes Strategic
Weapons Systems off the shelf and start reading, there's quite a lot
of data on IRBMs in there, plus the contents of all the strategic
weapons treaties from SALT 1 onwards.

Peter Kemp
Old September 18th 03, 05:03 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
"Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman" writes:
Tom Cooper wrote:
"Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman" wrote in
message ...

Can anyone tell me what "IRBMS" are. I know about ABMS and ICBMS,
and S.R.B.M. as well as M.R.B.MS are but never read anything till
here about "IRBMS".

IRBM = Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile.

It's the class of ballistic missiles with a range somewhere between
1.500 and 3.000km. They are not "intercontinental", but also not
"tactical" or "short range".

Then why does Jane's Catalog of weapons held by all nations by nation and by
catagory not mention them?

Because Jane's is but a pale shadow of its former august self. As a
useful reference it has gone very far downhill in the last 10 years or
so. I suspect that one of heir problems has been that they split
themselves much to thin in that timeframe, producing over-specialized
volumes that basically parrot the manucafturer's press releases with
very littel cogent analysis.
(Now, really - Is "Jane's All the World's Air Freight Cargo Containers
really worth $150.00 US per volume? Should I be saving my hard-earned
for "All the World's Armoured Fighting Vehicle Track End Connectors?"

I gave up & went with Brassey's instead. Much more information, and
much less pretence.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster