Soaring already DOA for the season???

Old April 2nd 20, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

My place was to do, "club ship assemble 3/21 or so..."....was called off due to NY metro "camp in place" state directive.....
No clue if private owners can get a tow here or sorta locally....most places want a "spring check out" and maybe a biennial....
I know I legally need one for my logbook....

While it sucks....I have family fliers that fall under "at risk", I am sorta close.....

We shall see in a month+.....
Old April 4th 20, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Andreas,

Check SSA Contest Committee announcement on 1 April from Andy Blackburn. Rich
Old April 4th 20, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 07:13:14 -0700 (PDT), Rich Owen
wrote:

Andreas,

Check SSA Contest Committee announcement on 1 April from Andy Blackburn. Rich

Got a direct link? The latest one I find is from 2020-3-31.

BTW: I'm from Germany and took part in the conference call on
2020-3-26 where the German Aero Club (DAeC) decided to cancel all FAI
competitions in Germany in 2020. Do you have more current information?
The official announcement of the DAeC is dated 2020-4-3.

Cheers
Andreas

Old April 4th 20, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:

Andreas,

Check SSA Contest Committee announcement on 1 April from Andy Blackburn. Rich

Got a direct link? The latest one I find is from 2020-3-31.

BTW: I'm from Germany and took part in the conference call on
2020-3-26 where the German Aero Club (DAeC) decided to cancel all FAI
competitions in Germany in 2020. Do you have more current information?
The official announcement of the DAeC is dated 2020-4-3.

Cheers
Andreas

WGC's in Germany and France postponed to 2021.There is consideration of the possibility of shifting the entire schedule back one year. More on this when it is resolved.
UH
Old April 4th 20, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 11:42:47 AM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
My place was to do, "club ship assemble 3/21 or so..."....was called off due to NY metro "camp in place" state directive.....
No clue if private owners can get a tow here or sorta locally....most places want a "spring check out" and maybe a biennial....
I know I legally need one for my logbook....

While it sucks....I have family fliers that fall under "at risk", I am sorta close.....

We shall see in a month+.....

Recent research shows that a significant portion of infected people are asymptomatic for 48 hours, maybe up to 5 days, following infection. In this time period they are highly contagious. You can be feeling just fine but have COVID-19 and be contagious. That is what makes this disease so insidious and the reason behind isolation.

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-...thout-symptoms
Old April 5th 20, 11:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Andreas,

Sorry, should have included the link.

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/Gui...ganizers. pdf

Cheers,
Rich
Old April 5th 20, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

John, did you mean to post the Oudie info on another string? Is it an aural warning? Weird that Naviter does not post or publish anything about it...
Old April 6th 20, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 03:30:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Andreas,

Sorry, should have included the link.

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/Gui...ganizers. pdf

Cheers,
Rich

Thank you very much!

Moving all events ahead one year is the thing that is done all over
Europe, and I think it's a good idea. If other countriesfollowed,
things would stay synchronized at least (in Germany we have a two year
interval of major competitions which act as qualifications for WGC's
and EGC's).

I wasn't involved in the final decicion about the WGC, but in the
discussion leading to that decision one major point was that it
probably would be problematic to ship the gliders across the borders.

Stay safe!
Andreas