Service Bulletins, Service Letters, Service Spares Letters

Old December 24th 03, 03:53 PM
O. Sami Saydjari

Default Service Bulletins, Service Letters, Service Spares Letters

Is there an on-line listing of all Service Bulletins, Service Letters,
and Service Spares Letters for a Piper Turbo Arrow III? I went to the
New Piper web site and they say that you have to purchase them from an
authorized dealer. It seems to me that someone might have taken the
trouble to put them online somewhere already. Any hints or info would
be appreciated.

-Sami

Old December 24th 03, 06:05 PM
Ray Andraka

Nope, not on-line as far as I could find. You can get a package from Sun
Aviation in Vero Beach for about $40 though. I don't have the number
handy.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old December 25th 03, 05:54 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Larry Smith wrote:

Cessna service bulletins are copyrighted, which is ironic in a way. They
charge you to tell you your airplane is under recall.

Well, when I owned a Cessna in the early '90s, they didn't. They sent me every one
that they issued while I owned the plane. And I gave every one of them to the new
owner.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old December 25th 03, 12:28 PM
Larry Smith

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Larry Smith wrote:

Cessna service bulletins are copyrighted, which is ironic in a way.

They
charge you to tell you your airplane is under recall.

Well, when I owned a Cessna in the early '90s, they didn't. They sent me

every one
that they issued while I owned the plane. And I gave every one of them to

the new
owner.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually

said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

Well, George, let's put it like this; I don't have the information
firsthand: McFarlane sold us some parts, including a service bulletin for
the flap tracks. They charged for the SB and when I asked why, they said
it was copyrighted and they had to buy it from Cessna. In addition the
A&P/IA had an internet research service for AD's and SB's. The service
writer warns on the webpage that Cessna SB's (because they are copyrighted)
are not available unless they are attached to an AD.

Old December 25th 03, 07:30 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Larry Smith wrote:

Well, George, let's put it like this; I don't have the information
firsthand:

Cessna only sends the SB to the person who owns the plane when the SB is issued.
If you're trying to deal with an old service bulletin, you will indeed have to
buy a copy. But Cessna does send one out free.

Old December 26th 03, 06:36 AM
JDupre5762

From: "G.R. Patterson III"

Larry Smith wrote:

Cessna service bulletins are copyrighted, which is ironic in a way. They
charge you to tell you your airplane is under recall.

Well, when I owned a Cessna in the early '90s, they didn't. They sent me
every onethat they issued while I owned the plane. And I gave every one of

them to the new owner.

That is true only while you own the airplane and only for those S.B.s etc.
issued while you are the owner. For any Bulletins etc. issued before someone
buys a used Cessna you would have to order them from Cessna unless they were
referenced in an Airworthiness Directive. Cessna does offer a service that
will list for you every applicable SB etc. applicable to a plane by serial
number. The cost varied by how long it took them, as in the more bulletins
applicable the more cost, but was typically between $30 and $50 as I remember.
This was way less money than if I researched it on my own at $50/hour.

John Dupre'