Talking heads

Old April 22nd 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack G[_2_]

Default Talking heads

One news story covering the crash said Blue Angle #6 was one of two
airplanes flown by a single pilot during the show. I do believe they were
confused by "solo" as applied to #6.

Jack G.

Old April 22nd 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Tex Houston

"Jack G" wrote in message
news
One news story covering the crash said Blue Angle #6 was one of two
airplanes flown by a single pilot during the show. I do believe they were
confused by "solo" as applied to #6.

Jack G.

Same as you're confused about the name of the group? Angels, damn it!

Tex

Old April 22nd 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack G[_2_]

If you are going to correct me, get it right: Group: Blue Angels.
Individual
Aircraft: Blue Angel (as in Blue Angel #6. )

And it is not the same thing as confusing a solo performer with a single
pilot.

Jack G.

"Tex Houston" wrote in message
.. .

news

Old April 22nd 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack G[_2_]

Wrong. He accused me of being confused about the name of the group. I
never mentioned the name of the group, I referred to one solo performer
(Blue Angel #6). Unfortunately I made a transposition error and typed Angle
instead of Angel. That is a long way from being confused!

Jack G.

"Clark" wrote in message
"Jack G" wrote in news:yfKdna-
:

If you are going to correct me, get it right: Group: Blue Angels.
Individual
Aircraft: Blue Angel (as in Blue Angel #6. )

And it is not the same thing as confusing a solo performer with a single
pilot.

Jack G.

Well Jack, an angle is not an angel... (he had it right enough)

"Tex Houston" wrote in message
.. .

news One news story covering the crash said Blue Angle #6 was one of two

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Old April 23rd 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Weeks

Even as late as today, Sunday, one AP release states:

"The squadron's six, F/A-18 Hornets routinely streak low over crowds
of thousands at supersonic speeds, coming within feet, sometimes
inches, of each other."

Old April 23rd 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Blanche

And this morning on FOX, a short segment of the Thunderbirds'
ground crew was shown, allegedly part of the Blue Angels' ground
crew.
Old April 23rd 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack G[_2_]

No, I was not simply corrected, I was accused of being confused about the
name of the group. I never denied that I made a mistake. What I attacked
was having a typo mistake I made equated to the significant mistake made by
a news service by saying only two of the Blue Angels planes in the show were
flown by a single pilot.

Jack G.

"Clark" wrote in message
"Jack G" wrote in
:

Wrong. He accused me of being confused about the name of the group. I
never mentioned the name of the group, I referred to one solo performer
(Blue Angel #6). Unfortunately I made a transposition error and typed
Angle instead of Angel. That is a long way from being confused!

Wrong? No, you're the only one wrong here. You were called on a simple
error and instead of admitting it you attacked. That is wrong.

"Clark" wrote in message
"Jack G" wrote in news:yfKdna-
:

Old April 23rd 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack G[_2_]

Please point out how this can be interpreted as a "correction" Rather than
an accusation:
Jack G.

Old April 23rd 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Where do they hire these idiots?

It used to be - on local TV channels - that they'd hire the prettiest looking (and not necessarily the smartest) women for "weather girl" roles. Since then they have apparently expanded the number of roles available to this demographic. If they look buff on the beach, can fog a mirror, and can remember their names without looking at their drivers licenses, they're hired.

--
Mike Kanze

"I would love to change the world, but I can't find a diaper large enough."

- Anonymous

"Jim" wrote in message ...
Sure is irritating to listen to the media report the crash of a Blue
Angels F/A-18 at MCAS Beaufort.

The more they ramble the more anyone with any aviation background
recognizes these folks haven't a clue. For example; who went down?
Well let's see the aircraft are numbered 1 thru 6. Which one isn't on
the flightline?

Also either Fox or CNN couldn't decide whether or not one of the pilots
might have been a woman. Believe the Blue Angels home page could answer
that really quickly.

Where do they hire these idiots?

ACC USN ret.
NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR
67-69 69-71 71-74 77-80 80-85
&
74-77

Founder: RAMN (rec.aviation.military.naval)
Old April 23rd 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

I don't believe there has ever been a female Blue Angel pilot.

IIRC, the closest they've come is having a USMC female on the team as a Fat Albert pilot.

--

"J.D. Baldwin" wrote in message ...

In the previous article, Jim wrote:
The more they ramble the more anyone with any aviation background
recognizes these folks haven't a clue. For example; who went down?
Well let's see the aircraft are numbered 1 thru 6. Which one isn't
on the flightline?

I heard the Fox guy WHO HAS FLOWN WITH THEM say they do airshow
maneuvers in excess of Mach 1. Yeah, okay.

And the CNN website has been saying all day that the last crash
involving the Blues was in 1999. (It was, in fact, in 2004.)

And other assorted boneheaded errors that could have been resolved by
going to any credible source. Like, say, Wikipedia.

Also either Fox or CNN couldn't decide whether or not one of the
pilots might have been a woman. Believe the Blue Angels home page
could answer that really quickly.

To be fair to Fox, one of the female correspondents asked the guy
doing the actual reporting whether there were women (because he kept
saying things like "these men") and he said, No, not at the moment
there aren't.

And in fairness to both Fox and CNN and others who didn't have basic
info that could be gotten from www.blueangels.navy.mil, that page has
been getting *slammed* since the story broke. Seeing as it is being
served up by Microsoft web servers (according to Netcraft), it's no
surprise that a high load has brought the service to its knees.

I don't believe there has ever been a female Blue Angel pilot. (One
of their MOs is a woman, and they have lots of female enlisted.) I
think the first female Hornet pilots are just getting senior enough
that they're being looked at for those billets now.
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also

chart heads-up Jose Instrument Flight Rules 2 September 29th 06 07:25 PM
Heads up on KIAG Chris Piloting 7 April 17th 05 09:26 PM
SCAM - Heads up DaveSpringford Soaring 0 December 4th 03 11:13 PM
While we're talking about Garmin GPS Windecks Instrument Flight Rules 31 December 2nd 03 11:28 PM
Gps with voice, "talking" GPS gyrobob Instrument Flight Rules 4 September 9th 03 12:11 AM