Power Supply in 98 C182S

Old April 23rd 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.piloting

Default Power Supply in 98 C182S

Dan wrote:
Our club is in the final stages of purchasing a 1998 Cessna 182S.
Much to my dismay, I noticed the lack of a 12-volt cigarette lighter
(or it's 24-volt equivalent) anywhere to be found. (am I just not
looking in the right place?)

What are the options here? How difficult and/or expensive would it
be to have one of these installed? The avionics are relatively new, but
I prefer to use my Garmin 396 for weather, XM, etc. and would really
like to have a place to plug it in.

We'll probably have the plane in the shop soon for a Garmin 430
installation.

Between this issue and the annoying chart clip holder on the yoke,
it sure isn't very compatible with portable GPS equipment.

I can imagine scenarios where the extra wiring-up of
'cigarette lighters' is casually seen as just cosmetic and
results in an in flight fire.

== Chris Glur.