Standard Class Nationals at Hobbs

Old July 15th 04, 04:18 AM
C AnthMin

Default Standard Class Nationals at Hobbs

Friends,
Just wanted you to know that preperations for the Nationals at Hobbs proceed on
schedule.
This would not have been possible without the help of the Llano Estacado
Soaring Society and the National Soaring Foundation. Joann Dittert of the NSF
has gone out of her way to make my job easier and has supplied me with many
materials that I would have had to create from scratch. She took the time to
contact the other NSF volunteers and when you arrive and look around you'll see
many of the same old faces doing their jobs thanks to Joann's efforts. She is
even making the name badges for us. Bob Dittert has offered to tow and is
making the NSF towplane available to us and is recruiting a person to dispense
oxygen from the NSF oxygen cart.
Although there have been major political differences, and feeling have been
hurt, we are all pulling together now in the best interest of the soaring
community. In light of all the cooperation I have received from all involved I
would ask all of you for your understanding and to please desist from sending
nasty e-mails to the NSF and the Ditterts. The have contributed a huge amount
to soaring for quite a long time and do not deserve the hate mail. This
dispute is not unlike some we've all seen in glider clubs across the country.
They are best solved by the parties involved amongst themselves.
The volunteers from the Llano Estacado Soaring Society have been working night
and day to make the contest a success and the social event agenda is full. They
are really looking forward to the start of the contest. Bring your appetities.
Several local organizations have joind us to make sure you all have plenty to
do when flying is over. There is even a burritto breakfast scheduled.

See you all later in the week.
Thanks for your support

Charlie "Lite" Minner
Contest Manager
Standard Class Nationals

to have a great contest

Old July 15th 04, 11:10 PM
Bob Johnson

Hi Charlie --

I've heard of the Llano Estacado (Staked Plains) practically all my life,
but where is the club LESS hangared?

Bob Johnson

Old July 16th 04, 03:59 AM
C AnthMin

the Llano Estacato Soaring Society is located in Hobbs, New Mexico and consists
of about 50% locals and 50% SSA staff members. Charlie Spratt and I have been
members since the last time there were problems ay Hobbs many years ago and put
on as contest with them.