Rocket Racing League

Old October 4th 05, 02:19 AM
John Ousterhout

Default Rocket Racing League

When I saw this I thought it was the craziest thing I've seen since the
Moller Skycar: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9572408/

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

- John Ousterhout -
Old October 4th 05, 02:40 AM
wright1902glider

ZOOMing to an airshow near you?

Lemme know before the race starts so I can hangar my ship 3 states
away.

Harry

Old October 4th 05, 02:51 AM
Bret Ludwig

wright1902glider wrote:
ZOOMing to an airshow near you?

Lemme know before the race starts so I can hangar my ship 3 states
away.

They're nvts. N-V-T-S!

Mel Brooks.

Old October 4th 05, 03:34 AM
Frank Stutzman

John Ousterhout wrote:

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

Did you recognize any particularly "zoomie" names on the "Advisory
Board?"
--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old October 4th 05, 03:58 AM
John Ammeter

Sure did...

Jim Campbell
Advisor, Aviation
Jim Campbell, CEO of the Aero-News Network, is a 17,000 hour commercial
pilot and flight instructor, a graduate of the National Test Pilot
School and one of the most active aviation writers and test pilots in
the business. The author of 17 books and an active member of the X Prize
and Zero-G programs, Campbell has flown or evaluated over 1100 unique
flying machines since his first flight some 35 years ago (at age 13).

Somehow, I doubt the veracity of the above credentials... Can't really
say why but how did Jimbo find the time to fly 17,000 hours, write 17
books and fly 1100 different airplanes?? For someone that isn't a
commercial pilot, actually flying a route, to log that number of hours
is doubtful to say the least...

But, I'm sure some people might believe him.....

But, NOT ME... I've met him and heard his grandiose storys...

John

Old October 4th 05, 04:09 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article MMk0f.439520$xm3.345436@attbi_s21,
John Ousterhout wrote:

When I saw this I thought it was the craziest thing I've seen since the
Moller Skycar: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9572408/

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

- John Ousterhout -

Interesting -- Since rocket motors consume propellant at prodigious
rates, the actual powered-flight portion of such a race would be quite
short -- on the order of a couple of minutes max.

I think that the whole thing would prove to be pretty much a non-event.
Old October 4th 05, 04:41 AM
Jim Carriere

John Ousterhout wrote:

When I saw this I thought it was the craziest thing I've seen since the
Moller Skycar: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9572408/

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

- John Ousterhout -

Interesting -- Since rocket motors consume propellant at prodigious
rates, the actual powered-flight portion of such a race would be quite
short -- on the order of a couple of minutes max.

I think that the whole thing would prove to be pretty much a non-event.

Or it might appeal to people with that attention span. Hey, drag
races are 5-10 seconds long, there's lotsa money in that... maybe a
bad example, half the entertainment is when somebody's engine blows
up... sorry I brought it up.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the appeal to this will be getting
drunk and losing your hearing.
Old October 4th 05, 04:42 AM

John;

I was told once that you can tell the quality of a person by the
quality of those he associates with. I am now very suspect of Dr.
Diamandis.

Once zzzoom said that he was a flightcrew member on the zero G
flights. I'm wondering what his position was? According to Part 1 of
the FAR's flight crew is defined pilot, flight engineer or flight
navigator. I think he was more on the line of what Nauga once said self

Frank M.Hitlaw
Jakarta,Indonesia

Old October 4th 05, 08:15 AM
Anthony W

Frank Stutzman wrote:

John Ousterhout wrote:

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

Did you recognize any particularly "zoomie" names on the "Advisory
Board?"

Those 17 books should be an easy put up or shut up for him. Any chance
one of them was published?

Tony
Old October 4th 05, 01:59 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article MMk0f.439520$xm3.345436@attbi_s21, John Ousterhout says...

When I saw this I thought it was the craziest thing I've seen since the
Moller Skycar: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9572408/

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

- John Ousterhout -

You'll notice that zoom put his name first on the list when he published the
story and names on ANN LOL!! We're getting closer and closer to the the script
of "the Amazing Adventures of Capt Zoom in Outer Space" . Can't wait till zoom
"test" flys one and loops,rolls and spins while pulling 10 g's LOL!!!
Maybe jaun will enter his Maybe 5 and ....naaaahh that would mean he'd have to
fly it and we all know that won't happen.

Chuck S

"credibility it was always about credibility"