Moller Skycar for $3.5 Million

Old September 28th 05, 07:36 PM
Russian Taildragger

Default Moller Skycar for $3.5 Million

Neiman Marcus has the Skycar prototype on sale for $3.5M.

http://snipurl.com/i0eh

If only Moller offered it with the Zoch Diesel....

Maybe Zzzzz or his Toadie will test fly the thing. Look for a flight
report on Aero-nut network.

Old September 28th 05, 09:51 PM

"Certain regulatory requirements must be met for purchase of the
prototype, including International Traffic in Arms
Regulations........."

What kid of weapons has Moller developed that we don't know about?
Does this mean that I need to register my Quickie project with the BATF
as a class III and pay the $200 stamp?
==============
Leon McAtee

Old September 28th 05, 10:39 PM
Don Hammer

Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?
Old September 29th 05, 01:05 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Don Hammer" wrote in message
news
Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

Try 30+ years. Also, his website indicates he's spent $100 million.

I find it amazing that mainstream media still pimps his wares from time to
time, given that he's 30 years and $100 million into the project and has
Zero results other than a display only model with a pretty paint job.

PT Barnum would be so proud...

Old September 29th 05, 04:37 AM
Anthony W

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Don Hammer" wrote in message
news
Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

Try 30+ years. Also, his website indicates he's spent $100 million.

I find it amazing that mainstream media still pimps his wares from time to
time, given that he's 30 years and $100 million into the project and has
Zero results other than a display only model with a pretty paint job.

PT Barnum would be so proud...

I'm suprised the feds haven't busted him for fraud by now...

Tony
Old September 29th 05, 02:10 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Russian Taildragger wrote:
Neiman Marcus has the Skycar prototype on sale for $3.5M.

http://snipurl.com/i0eh

If only Moller offered it with the Zoch Diesel....

Maybe Zzzzz or his Toadie will test fly the thing. Look for a flight
report on Aero-nut network.

For the sweet love of humanity I hope no one buys it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 29th 05, 02:16 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Don Hammer wrote:

Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

In 2003 he actually hovered the thing. Well, on a tether and only in
ground effect, but he did hover it. Not bad for 35 years of fleecing
suckers.

Personally I think it would be nice if moller were to take the
money, assuming it sells, pay off some investors then do a swan dive
into oblivion.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 29th 05, 02:24 PM
wmbjk

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:37:59 GMT, Anthony W
wrote:

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Don Hammer" wrote in message
news
Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

Try 30+ years. Also, his website indicates he's spent $100 million.

I find it amazing that mainstream media still pimps his wares from time to
time, given that he's 30 years and $100 million into the project and has
Zero results other than a display only model with a pretty paint job.

PT Barnum would be so proud...

I'm suprised the feds haven't busted him for fraud by now...

Tony

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/lr17987.htm What surprises
me is that even though it only takes seconds to find evidence of his
decades of hucksterism, people apparently still send him money and
dream of flying his creation. Then again, this is his second attempt
to sell the prototype, so maybe he's finally running out of suckers.

Wayne
Old September 29th 05, 03:41 PM

Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas.

Well, not quite that bad. Jim Bede's airplanes actually flew,
some rather successfully. The many Grumman singles, the BD-4, and so
on. The BD-5 and the later stuff might have been hyped, alright.
Moller still has to come up with ONE thing that' actually
capable of useful flight.

Dan

Old September 29th 05, 11:26 PM
Ken Chaddock

Don Hammer wrote:

Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

After 50+ years and trillions of $$$s,, where are all the fusion
reactors ? Some things take time...

....Ken

millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! Malcolm Austin Soaring 0 November 5th 04 11:14 PM
Death toll now 10 times 9/11 X98 Military Aviation 9 June 11th 04 05:23 AM
Moller skycar still kicking Harry K Home Built 16 May 26th 04 05:16 PM
Moller Skycar T-Boy Piloting 17 March 1st 04 04:23 PM
Progress on Flying Car Steve Dufour General Aviation 5 December 19th 03 03:48 PM