Pawnee Prop - WTB

Old December 27th 04, 03:50 PM
Roy Bourgeois

Default Pawnee Prop - WTB

Friends:

Still looking for a reasonably priced standard prop for a 230 hp Pawnee.

Roy Bourgeois
President
Greater Boston Soaring Club
508 798 8801

Old January 14th 05, 11:42 PM

Still looking for a reasonably priced standard prop for a 230 hp
Pawnee.

And we at Mile High Gliding. Inc. are still happy to report that we
sell the "new standard" Hoffmann 4-blade low-noise propeller in the
USA. Available tuned to -260 OR -235 O-540-engined PA-25s (must
specify, we match from a RANGE of STCd props!). Delivery 1 month, all
you lose is noise. Clearly the OEM two-blade metal prop is not easily
available used and we even hear it is more expensive new IF it can be
found.

See our Ad banner every day at www.ssa.org main page.
See http://www.milehighgliding.com/color...ucts.htm#Props

Old January 15th 05, 03:47 AM
Roy Bourgeois

Well, since you decided to use the posting by our non profit club to
promote your commercial product, let me respond to you. You said "Clearly
the OEM two-blade metal prop is not easily available used and we even hear
it is more expensive new IF it can be found." In fact a new standard prop
is available from McCauley and it is about 1/2 your total price after
adjustment for the Euro exchange rate, installation kit, shipping, customs
duties and your STC fee. Second, if the performance and sales of your 4
blade units were as successful as you claim - there should be lots of used
obsolete 2 blades around - and there aren't any.

I have a good deal of experience with the Hoffman 4 blade unit on both the
L-19 and the Pawnee and have flown behind them in multiple different
locations (including your location at Boulder). It is a valuable product -
particularly in the 260 hp. application where noise sensitivity is
important and near range obstacle clearance is less important. It is not
however the solution to all applications and remains unproven in the 235 hp
application where near range obstacle clearance is essential. We operate
two 235 hp Pawnees out of a 3000' runway with significant obstacles at both
ends. We experimented with a 4 blade unit on our L-19 and abandoned the
experiment when we found that ground acceleration and obstacle clearance
was unsatisfactory. That is why we are looking for a standard 2 blade prop.

Roy A. Bourgeois, President
Greater Boston Soaring Club

Old January 17th 05, 01:32 AM
Dave R.

So help me out here Roy.

You asked for someone to sell you something and when another party responded
you open up with both barrels?

Do you expect that others would be willing to respond with something based
on this sort of action or are you only willing to purchase items from
non-commercial partys?

Either way, lighten up. The guys at mile high did a lot of working getting
that STC in place and expanding it. Overall it is good for the community.
If it doesn't work for you, that is fine, but settle down.

dave r.

Old January 22nd 05, 06:41 AM

We stand corrected on new McCauley props, after research. We did not
intend to affect sales in that market by that fine company. Our
exuberance that day followed talking to a major FBO that bought 2 used
metal props for "more than our price" and we heard/assumed "each" out
of that anecdote. Duh. OTOH, our most recent Hoffmann import went to
another major FBO compelled to "go quiet" for a small additional cost
after pricing & sourcing direct replacements.

Best wishes on finding your used prop. We understand the cost issues
to a non-profit volunteer-run club. Back channel, we've given you
leads as it is. Talk to us also about the 2 available STCs to upgrade
O-540 235 cores to 250 HP rating.

Let's also talk back channel, however, about "experience", "unproven",
"235" etc. Pawnees with either O-540 have operated fine for years in
Europe with HO 4/27s. We want to help the USA catch up and escape this
embarassment of loud towplanes.

Old January 23rd 05, 12:18 AM
Roy Bourgeois

I'd be happy to discuss this matter with you off net - but please give me a
name and address other than "info" etc.

Roy A. Bourgeois
President
Greater Boston Soaring Club

Right prop, wrong prop? Wood prop, metal prop? Gus Rasch Aerobatics 1 February 14th 08 10:18 PM
WTB Pawnee Prop Roy Bourgeois Soaring 1 November 2nd 04 06:57 PM
Ivo Prop on O-320 Dave S Home Built 14 October 15th 04 03:04 AM
IVO props... comments.. Dave S Home Built 16 December 6th 03 11:43 PM
Metal Prop vs. Wood Prop Larry Smith Home Built 21 September 26th 03 07:45 PM