Headset music

Old April 26th 04, 05:40 AM
Dave Buckles

John Galban wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:H1Qhc.2558$aQ6.411038@attbi_s51...

(Of course, having to listen to Eminem once in a
while was some sort of penance... :-)

That's why they invented the "pilot isolate" switch.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

No, that's why they invented the storm window.

--Dave

--
Dave Buckles

http://www.flight-instruction.com
Old April 27th 04, 12:55 PM
Jay Honeck

One other thing: I've also noticed the occasional aural fatigue - I just
get brain-tired from constant sound. Maybe I need to turn it down a bit
on those occasions. :-P Wish the 172's came with a volume control... I
suppose that's what ANR is for.

Get a pair of ANR headsets. It will be the best money you EVER invested.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 27th 04, 12:56 PM
Jay Honeck

Just out of curiosity, did you listen to music as a student?

They didn't have headsets and intercoms with music inputs when Jay was
a student. ;-))

Hey!

Well, they had headsets.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 27th 04, 12:59 PM
Jay Honeck

Don't you have two music inputs, front and back? Don't you have some kind
of portable music player in the household to complement the CD player?
Problem solved.

Yes, but the stupidly designed back-seat jack input (it sticks straight out
from the wall, perpendicularly) guaranteed that, sooner or later, someone's
shoulder or elbow would over-stress the jack.

Sure enough, on this trip my son pushed the plug of his CD player in, and
the jack fell inside the plastic housing. It's an easy fix, but I'm gonna
have to get a 90 degree bend plug to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Bottom line: On this trip, I listened to Eminem for a while. (And,
actually, if you listen to the words of some of his stuff, he's pretty
clever. I wouldn't call it "music" per se, but it's clever stuff.)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA