Picture of a plane and a question about Mozilla Thunderbird

Old October 23rd 08, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pensacola Beachcomber

Default Picture of a plane and a question about Mozilla Thunderbird

I've installed Mozilla Thunderbird and am having no problems reading the
posts to this newsgroup.

When I was using Outlook Express I could go to Tools - Options -
Maintenance - Clean up now to delete all of the headers and messages
that had built up in each newsgroup. It freed up space on my hard drive.

How can I do the same thing in Thunderbird? I can't find the equivalent
actions.

In the meantime, the aircraft shown is a guy named Eric, no further
ident so far, flying in the back seat of Blue Angel F/A-18 tail number 7
during a practice airshow here last Tuesday. The chase plane was always
in the best place to get the best shot. Maybe if Eric reads this post
he will contact me and let me know where he posts his images.....

Regards from Pensacola (went to the beach yesterday...it was warm and
the water was okay but too rough to swim....surfers were out...we
collected shells and created more work for our dermatologist), Tom

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9311 photo 7.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	30064
Old October 24th 08, 02:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Michael Henry[_2_]

Right-click on the newsgroup, select "Properties..."

Select the "Retention Policy" tab and set your desired policy in there.

Now if only I could figure out how to combine the images that are split
across posts...

Old October 24th 08, 03:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
James R. Jones

Pensacola Beachcomber wrote:
I've installed Mozilla Thunderbird and am having no problems reading the
posts to this newsgroup.

When I was using Outlook Express I could go to Tools - Options -
Maintenance - Clean up now to delete all of the headers and messages
that had built up in each newsgroup. It freed up space on my hard drive.

How can I do the same thing in Thunderbird? I can't find the equivalent
actions.

First Right click the News Server item in the tree view in the left hand
pane, click properties, go down to the News Server area and expand it if
necessary then click Offline & Disk Space click the box always delete
read messages. This will always delete all read message when a group you
are reading is closed.

If you want to delete all of them at once, like when you are trying to
get the counters up to date, point at the newsgroup that you want to
delete messages from in the Tree view in the left hand pane and right
click it, you can click mark newsgroup read. It will mark all items read
that are now loaded into your system.

Hope that Helps

Jim
Old October 24th 08, 03:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:37:23 +1000, Michael Henry
wrote:

Right-click on the newsgroup, select "Properties..."

Select the "Retention Policy" tab and set your desired policy in there.

Now if only I could figure out how to combine the images that are split
across posts...

Alas, Thunderbird does not offer that function... =(

Old October 24th 08, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gary R. Schmidt

Pensacola Beachcomber wrote:
I've installed Mozilla Thunderbird and am having no problems reading the
posts to this newsgroup.

When I was using Outlook Express I could go to Tools - Options -
Maintenance - Clean up now to delete all of the headers and messages
that had built up in each newsgroup. It freed up space on my hard drive.

How can I do the same thing in Thunderbird? I can't find the equivalent
actions.

File-Compact Folders.

But first, in the account properties, set values for home many/how long
and so forth

Cheers,
Gary B-)

whether you were up them with or not