Why didn't GWB join the U.S. Air Force ?

Old July 15th 04, 08:46 PM
Jack

Ace wrote:

...after the King granted the lessor portion of the
North American continent, now known as the US, their independence....

It was no gift, and we don't pay rent, but we did win a "new lease on
life" so to speak. Perhaps that is what you meant.

Ol' George simply acknowledged the new reality, and "granted" nothing.

The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783: http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/paris.html

"Article 1:

His Brittanic Majesty acknowledges the said United States...
to be free sovereign and independent states, that he treats with them
as such, and for himself, his heirs, and successors, relinquishes all
claims to the government, propriety, and territorial rights of the
same and every part thereof."

Jack
Old July 15th 04, 09:16 PM
Brooks Gregory

"Jack" wrote in message
Brooks Gregory wrote:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote...:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:58:50 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:29:00 -0500, "D. Strang"...wrote:

"Ace" wrote:

To think that these poor *******s still hang on to this just goes to

show
you how vacant they have become on ideas that will help this country. I

find
it most comical.

Which poor *******(s) are you talking about?

A little judicious editing of previous posts would sure help the
presentation of whatever idea it is you were trying to present.

When it come to vacancy neither major party has the advantage. How to
spend the money and get more of it is the main activity in Washington DC.

Go here and look up Phase10 Consultants, Chairman of the Board and see if
you really want to tell *me* how Washington DC operates.
http://www.theaapc.org/

--
If you really want to save the
environment, support a family farmer.

Brooks Gregory

Jack

Old July 15th 04, 10:40 PM
Jack

Brooks Gregory wrote:

Jack wrote:

When it come to vacancy neither major party has the advantage. How to
spend the money and get more of it is the main activity in Washington DC.

Go here and look up Phase10 Consultants, Chairman of the Board and see if
you really want to tell *me* how Washington DC operates.
http://www.theaapc.org/

So you're basically one of 'em -- that explains some of your postings.

And, yes, being the world's foremost expert on my own opinion, I will
tell you how Washington operates, from the standpoint of a guy that pays
his share of the bill for all that "operating".

Since you haven't said otherwise, apparently you agree with me but
mostly just want me to be impressed. It's not working.

Jack
Old July 15th 04, 11:05 PM
Brooks Gregory

"Jack" wrote in message
Brooks Gregory wrote:

Jack wrote:

When it come to vacancy neither major party has the advantage. How to
spend the money and get more of it is the main activity in Washington

DC.

Go here and look up Phase10 Consultants, Chairman of the Board and see

if
you really want to tell *me* how Washington DC operates.
http://www.theaapc.org/

So you're basically one of 'em -- that explains some of your postings.

And, yes, being the world's foremost expert on my own opinion, I will
tell you how Washington operates, from the standpoint of a guy that pays
his share of the bill for all that "operating".

Since you haven't said otherwise, apparently you agree with me but
mostly just want me to be impressed. It's not working.

Jack

No, I am no longer a part of it. Retired in 2000. And, in a round about way,
I was agreeing with you. It is a cesspool of corruption. But don't get your
hopes up. The sleazyiest crooks up there belong to just one party. The
politician party. The only person up there that gives a **** about you is
the poor little summer clerk that earns a job by getting a buck out of you.
And as soon as the buck arrives, you're even off their most favorite list.

Old July 15th 04, 11:07 PM
D. Strang

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

Now, pay attention. The popular vote is not definitive in electing the
President of the United States. It is done, according to the
Constitution by an Electoral College.

The national popular vote is less than definitive in electing the president,
it is meaningless.

It's not meaningless. How else would the electors be seated?

Old July 15th 04, 11:12 PM
D. Strang

"Ace" wrote

THE US ELECTORAL SYSTEM IS FLAWED

No ****. But it works good enough. Just wait until the electors
have a tie vote, then you will see "more" flawed, when the Legislative
branch elects the Executive branch.

If it wasn't flawed, 10,000 lawyers would be out of work.

Old July 15th 04, 11:15 PM
D. Strang

The United States of America is a Democracy.

You better go get re-certified, as I think your students are not getting
all they paid for.

Start with this:

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/coredocs.html

"Leslie Swartz" wrote
Look, Ace, I'm a teacher, but I am not certified in Special Education.

Steve Swartz

(p.s it's a REPUBLIC; representative, yes; but NOT A DEMOCRACY)

Old July 15th 04, 11:17 PM
Jack

Brooks Gregory wrote:

...in a round about way, I was agreeing with you.
It is a cesspool of corruption.

[....]

The only person [in D.C.] that gives a **** about you is
the poor little summer clerk that earns a job by getting
a buck out of you.

I savor the sweet fragrance of agreement.

Do people in Washington vote, or would it be viewed as wasted effort?

Jack
Old July 15th 04, 11:24 PM
D. Strang

"Ace" wrote

Now, let's say that in 19 of those 20 states only one person votes per
state and that vote is cast for candidate A, and in one of those 20
states 20 people vote for candidate B.

In the popular vote candidate A receives 19 votes and candidate B
receives 20 votes.

Which candidate is elected, and by what majority?

Candidate A will receive 19 electoral votes, and Candidate B will receive
1 electoral vote. Candidate A is the winner 19:1

Old July 15th 04, 11:27 PM
Brooks Gregory

"Jack" wrote in message
Brooks Gregory wrote:

...in a round about way, I was agreeing with you.
It is a cesspool of corruption.

[....]

The only person [in D.C.] that gives a **** about you is
the poor little summer clerk that earns a job by getting
a buck out of you.

I savor the sweet fragrance of agreement.

Do people in Washington vote, or would it be viewed as wasted effort?

Jack

Not hardly anyone in my precinct, I was both a chairman and an election
judge, ever voted. Of course, we all lived inVirginia. I would imagine the
guys and gals on K go out and pick up some of the derelicts and take them to
the polls. I used to have that job.