I love "eye candy" ... any FS2002/FS2004 comparison screenshots?

Old March 5th 04, 09:05 PM
Debug

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:32:43 GMT, henri Arsenault
wrote:

Actually FS2004 runs smoother than FS2002 on the same computer...

It does? I haven't seen anyone else say that. Most I've seen say it is
more resource hungry.
Old March 5th 04, 09:13 PM
John Doe

Debug wrote
wrote:

Actually FS2004 runs smoother than FS2002 on the same computer...

It does? I haven't seen anyone else say that. Most I've seen say it is
more resource hungry.

I did lots of Usenet reading in the archives. I have seen at least one
other say that but not necessarily in this group, and maybe it was henri
Arsenault (I dunno).
Old March 5th 04, 10:49 PM
Quilljar

henri Arsenault wrote:
Actually FS2004 runs smoother than FS2002 on the same computer...

But I wish they would fix the missing bridges.

Just turn up the Autogen Henri and you will see bridges that were not even
there befo-)

Old March 6th 04, 12:32 AM
Debug

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:13:45 GMT, John Doe wrote:

I did lots of Usenet reading in the archives. I have seen at least one
other say that but not necessarily in this group, and maybe it was henri
Arsenault (I dunno).

Maybe if you turn FS2004 down to similar detail to FS2002 it may run
smoother but I expect if you want all the extra eye candy in 2004 then
it's more resource hungry. I could be wrong though of course as I
don't have 2004.
Old March 7th 04, 04:07 AM
John Doe

"Quilljar" wrote
henri Arsenault wrote:

Actually FS2004 runs smoother than FS2002 on the same computer...

But I wish they would fix the missing bridges.

Just turn up the Autogen Henri and you will see bridges that were not
even there befo-)

The missing bridges too?

Are you saying the problem is due to lower settings?
Old March 7th 04, 02:54 PM
Quilljar

Are you saying the problem is due to lower settings?

In my own experience yes. I have to say I have never come across these
missing bridges, only more bridges than were in fs2002:-)

I had thought that the bridges question had been solved, after the people
concerned had turned up their settings. For example, in New Zealand where
there used to be very few bridges in 2002, there are now in 2004 newer and
better ones and in the right places. I don't know about the USA. I seldom
fly there.

Old March 7th 04, 03:28 PM
John Doe

I had thought that the bridges question had been solved, after the
people concerned had turned up their settings. For example, in New
Zealand where there used to be very few bridges in 2002, there are now
in 2004 newer and better ones and in the right places. I don't know
about the USA. I seldom fly there.

Some of the screenshots I looked at are of New Zealand.

I noticed that my big city has lots of buildings which I do not recognise.
Does 2004 generate fake buildings in some cities?

Old March 7th 04, 04:37 PM
Quilljar

John Doe wrote:
I had thought that the bridges question had been solved, after the
people concerned had turned up their settings. For example, in New
Zealand where there used to be very few bridges in 2002, there are
now in 2004 newer and better ones and in the right places. I don't
know about the USA. I seldom fly there.

Some of the screenshots I looked at are of New Zealand.

I noticed that my big city has lots of buildings which I do not
recognise. Does 2004 generate fake buildings in some cities?

I am sure FsSgenerates fake buildings everywhere. It seems to just put a lot
of stuff where you wd expect to see a built up area, except for certain very
well-known and famous buildings which clearly have to be there. I think we
are expecting too much, if at this stage in computer memory, there could be
a whole accurate world!
I suspect that will have to wait another ten years or so. But hey, that's
why we buy the next sim every two years!

Old March 7th 04, 06:13 PM
Debug

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:37:12 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
wrote:

I am sure FsSgenerates fake buildings everywhere. It seems to just put a lot
of stuff where you wd expect to see a built up area, except for certain very
well-known and famous buildings which clearly have to be there. I think we
are expecting too much, if at this stage in computer memory, there could be
a whole accurate world!
I suspect that will have to wait another ten years or so. But hey, that's
why we buy the next sim every two years!

Yea, degen creates randomly placed buildings and trees that have
nothing to do with the real world. They work effectively to give the
illusion of a populated world though.