Weirdest FS9 Airport Ever?

Old September 27th 04, 09:20 PM
IAIN SMITH

Of course this will be fixed in the forthcoming patch - right? Yeah, right!
;0))

Iain

"Bill Leaming" wrote in message
Randy L. wrote:
I don't know if this has been discussed or mentioned before, but I
just
stumbled accross the weirdest Microsoft FS2004 airport that I have yet to
find. Try setting up a quick flight from Davis/Muskogee, Ok (KMKO) in FS9
using the default scenery. After takeoff, take a look around the airfield
that you just took off from. I think every student pilot should have to
use
this airport for flight training!

Try landing on rwny 4... There's NOTHING under the 'asphalt!'

Try running off the edge of 31 while on your landing roll, and then
recover the fall without crashing into the canyon walls...

Bill

Old September 27th 04, 10:16 PM
Don Parker

Marcel Kuijper wrote:
and trees on runways. Did I forget anything? ;-)

Maybe - how much fun you're having with it???????????

d:-))

Old September 28th 04, 12:01 AM
Randy L.

There are two other another anomalies worth exploring, although i cant
remember where they are (anyone?). There is a 60,000ft mountain peak in
south america, and a 30,000ft deep valley in the mid-west USA.

Dan

Dan,
The 60,000 ft tower is in Guyana, near Kamarang airport (SYKM) at N05
46.65 W60 34.16. Not only is there a 60,000 ft rock spire, but right beside
it is a huge -100,000+ sinkhole! I like to slew a single engine Cessna up to
the top of the spire, take it off of slew, and free-fall the 60 thousand
feet. While I am falling, I guide the aircraft into the 100,000 ft hole and
continue to free-fall for another 5 or 6 minutes. This would also be great
to do using a virtual skydiver.
The one in the midwest may be the one near Stockton Lake, Mo. It is near
Stockton Muni airport (M03) at N37 33.81 W93 40.18. This little gem has
what must be the absolutely largest waterfall in the solar system!

Randy L.

Old September 28th 04, 01:17 AM
me @ comcast

more wierd scenery in fs2004 :-)

http://glathrem.home.att.net/fs9/

Old September 30th 04, 04:10 PM
Icebound

"Randy L." wrote in message
I don't know if this has been discussed or mentioned before, but I

just
stumbled accross the weirdest Microsoft FS2004 airport that I have yet to
find. Try setting up a quick flight from Davis/Muskogee, Ok (KMKO) in FS9
using the default scenery. After takeoff, take a look around the airfield
that you just took off from. I think every student pilot should have to

use
this airport for flight training!

Randy L.

There are many, many airports throught FS9 World where the elevation of the
general terrain did not match the elevation of the airport. A poster on the
www.avsim.com site claims to have documented "several hundred" of such
airports.

Apparently there are tools in the Microsoft Development Kit for FS2004,
which can allow you to "fix" specific terrain elevations. You might want to
check out the posts in www.avsim.com for details (do a search on "elevation
errors" or some such).

Old October 9th 04, 02:35 PM
JG

I only check here occasionally, so please excuse me if this information has
already been posted.
There is a FS 2004 fix for several of the FS9 scenery faults available on
AVSIM, FlightSim.com and 3dsoftworks.net. It's called 'Six Default Scenery
Fixes'. The beauty is that it will allow you to revert back to the default
sceneries if you just want to have a bit of fun.
Do a search and pick it up. It's freeware.