Airplane prices are ridiculous, Pt.2

Old September 13th 10, 09:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default Airplane prices are ridiculous, Pt.2

On Sep 13, 1:20*am, Jim Logajan wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
wrote:
a wrote:
Do tell me about your perception of narrow limits. Use of a general
aviation airplane for business purposes is pretty much like the use
of a car for business purposes.

Nope.

I used to think that.

There is a long series of articles on the subject on the AOPA web
site by the resident AOPA lawyer.

I would suggest you read them.

This is "big" news to me. I tried searching the AOPA web site for said
articles but came up with nothing that appeared relevant. So if you
have the URLs handy it would be appreciated.

On further searching, I did find the following, but it is an Avweb article:

http://www.avweb.com/news/avlaw/186346-1.html

While it has some interesting gotchas, most of the "traps" match my
previous understanding.

Your understanding is consistent with my understanding of the matter.
Even more importantly, it's consistent with our auditors, and the last
time the IRS did an audit of our personal returns (prepared by the way
by the same auditors we use for the company) that came up clean as
well (expense report reimbursements were looked at carefully, that is
a common way for business owners to try to avoid reporting what could
be taxable income).

It's fine for folks on the forum to point out areas where there
experience suggests there may be problems, I appreciate that -- my
check lists, for example, have a number of lines now inspired by ideas
that have originated here. In this case I feel certain what we do and
the way we do it is a valid reimbursable business expense.

Old September 14th 10, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

I have not read all the posts. What do you want?

You can buy an RV-6A for circa $60,000.

Ron Lee
Old September 14th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 13, 11:08*pm, (Ron Lee) wrote:
I have not read all the posts. *What do you want?

You can buy an RV-6A for circa $60,000.

Ron Lee

Yes and they're beautiful. Myself, I'm flying in the
light sport category and would like something that
could be considered interstate transportation. As
this isn't justified for anything but pleasure, and
because I just bought a new Kubota front-end loader,
I'll have to wait a year or longer to meet the prices
they're asking for low-wing cross country makes.

I might feel different about the Sonex if I had one to
view and try out. They're less to purchase
but I suspect high on insurance. And they look
funny. And I'm 6'3".

---
Mark

Old September 15th 10, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Mark wrote:
I'll have to wait a year or longer to meet the prices
they're asking for low-wing cross country makes.

Since when is "low wing" a mission criteria? That doesn't make sense to me.
Old September 15th 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark wrote:
I'll have to wait a year or longer to meet the prices
they're asking for low-wing cross country makes.

Since when is "low wing" a mission criteria? That doesn't make sense to me.

Lord knows, but if he is as precise in his flying as he is in his writting,
he is going to wind up floating off the end of the runway in a low wing.

Least anyone get the impression I'm anti low wing, I own a Tiger.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 15th 10, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 14, 8:35*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark wrote:
I'll have to wait a year or longer to meet the prices
they're asking for low-wing cross country makes.

Since when is "low wing" a mission criteria? That doesn't make sense to me.

That's just personal preference Jim.

---
Mark
Old September 16th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alpha Propellerhead

On Sep 14, 6:11*pm, wrote:

Lord knows, but if he is as precise in his flying as he is in his writting,

*snicker* Writing.

Least anyone get the impression I'm anti low wing, I own a Tiger.

Fantastic airplane! ...as long as you don't live someplace like
Oregon, or, you have a hangar. I enjoyed flying an AA5B as much as I
enjoyed flying a brand new SR-20, and you could probably buy five
Tigers for the cost of a Cirrus.

Fly safe!

-Chris
CFI
Old September 16th 10, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Alpha Propellerhead wrote:
On Sep 14, 6:11Â*pm, wrote:

Least anyone get the impression I'm anti low wing, I own a Tiger.

Fantastic airplane! ...as long as you don't live someplace like
Oregon, or, you have a hangar. I enjoyed flying an AA5B as much as I
enjoyed flying a brand new SR-20, and you could probably buy five
Tigers for the cost of a Cirrus.

Fly safe!

Well, I don't fly in the rain and replacing the bow seal on the canopy
when it gets hard eliminates leaks when it is parked.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Airplane prices are ridiculous Mark Piloting 67 September 27th 10 05:39 PM
AV gas prices BradGuth Home Built 0 May 6th 08 02:29 AM
Ford Tri-Motor ground handling in FS2004 is ridiculous. Bass Simulators 3 December 19th 04 08:37 PM
soaring high w/ ridiculous knowledge The Admiral Soaring 0 December 3rd 04 07:34 PM
Gas Prices Tony Owning 19 April 16th 04 02:38 AM