Fixes provided in routing for IFR flight plans - VFR waypoints okay?

Old November 30th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Fixes provided in routing for IFR flight plans - VFR waypointsokay?

Mxsmanic wrote:
B A R R Y writes:

You use IFR chart features on an IFR plan.

Is there any place that has IFR charts online, like SkyVector does for
VFR charts?

I don't know. I do have some expired IFR charts that can go along with
my previous offer expired VFR charts.

I have simulated lawyers to protect me, but your point is well taken.

I know some folks who wish divorce laywers were simulated. G

Well, I can't even find the details on how to file a basic flight
plan, like what all the slash notations mean or guidelines for giving
the routing information or anything. I found the paper form itself
online, but no instructions.

You're going to have to dig into the AIM for that, or a ground school
course.

What does ground school cover that isn't in the downloadable stuff
from the FAA?

It contains different explanations, which can make the material more
understandable.
Old November 30th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Matt Barrow

"Ron Garret" wrote in message
In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Ron Garret" wrote in message

So what? It's a reasonable question. What difference does it make
what
his motivation is for asking it?

Trolling is not a acceptable motivation.

I'm sorry, but I do not believe he is trolling.

Read his arrogant/idiotic followups and it's quite obvious that is exactly
what he's doing.

The indicator is a non-troll answers responses with, "Oh, I didn't now
that", not arguing with people who have been flying their entire adult life.

Whether it comes from personality faults, psychological and maturity issues
isn't the point; this is a flying froup, not free psychological counseling.

He has some annoyin
habits to be sure, but if that were sufficient reason to kick someone
off a newsgroup there would be no one here.

No one is/can throwing him off the newsgroup.

Again, get a clue!

Old November 30th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Mxsmanic wrote:
I can't find any guidelines on the type of fixes or waypoints to be
included in the routing description of an IFR flight plan. I presume
you can use things like VORs and (?) airports, as well as airways and
anything indicated on IFR charts or procedures. But can you also use
VPxxx waypoints or other VFR fixes?

The VPxxx fixes generally are rejected by the flight plan handling
computer for IFR plans. You can insert lat/lons in (easier by
DUAT, convincing a FSS guy to do it is a bit tedious).

The reason for asking is that I'm wondering if a VFR flight plan with
detailed routing that lists specific waypoints and fixes can be easily
converted to IFR without changing the routing, should weather or other
factors mandate a switch to IFR for the flight.

You can put anything you want on a VFR route. It's not used for
anything. it just goes into the computer and stays there until
you don't show up at your destination and close the plan. They
start calling around looking for you and if that doesn't yield
anything, they might start looking at your route of flight filed.
But really, they look more at how much fuel you claimed you had
and where you could have possibly gone based on where you started
from.
Old November 30th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Gig 601XL Builder

"Ron Garret" wrote in message
In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Ron Garret" wrote in message

So what? It's a reasonable question. What difference does it make
what
his motivation is for asking it?

Trolling is not a acceptable motivation.

I'm sorry, but I do not believe he is trolling. He has some annoyin
habits to be sure, but if that were sufficient reason to kick someone
off a newsgroup there would be no one here.

rg

Ron, do me a favor and go Google mxsmaniac on Google. I especially like his
posts in the breast feeding forums. He has a history of going into
newsgroups and other online forums and obviously trying to **** people off.

Old November 30th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Gaskins

This is good advice guys. You'll find that he's got a history of going
into all sorts of groups and posting the same type of crap he does
here.

Photography groups
Dieting Groups
Breastfeeding groups

Even a shyness support group where he argues about how sexual
relationships are a "waste of time".

Now he's in this group trying to stir up the same stuff here. His
pattern is always the same. Basically:

"Hey guys: what is the answer to this really obvious question?"

insert reasonable responses

"I don't trust your answers anyways because none of you know what
you're talking about! And I don't really even care about this stuff
anyways. Flying is dangerous and a waste of time!"

Just ignore him and he'll go away (or in reality elsewhere) in time.

Mike Gaskins

Old November 30th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Noel

In article .com,
"Mike Gaskins" wrote:

Just ignore him and he'll go away (or in reality elsewhere) in time.

When it goes away, please note that it might return. It is a repeat offender.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old December 1st 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Cirrus

A Lieberma wrote:

What made it worse was my only safe
haven (rec.aviation.ifr) now has been smitten by this troll.....

But I am doing good.... Still have not made a direct reply :-)

Allen

Keep up the good fight Allen
I know what you mean. It's so hard to restrain and not fall for his
manipulation game.

Old December 1st 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Ron Garret wrote:
FS.

He can't afford a real plane, so he's doing the best he can. He asks
reasonable questions under the circumstances.

No he's not. If he was doing the best he could, people wouldn't
be ass ****ed at him. The issue is that not only does he not fly
a real aircraft, he won't bother to do any learning other than
pestering people on this group. He has been referred to reasonable
texts (and a wealth of information could be had just by downloading
an reading the AIM which is FREE).

I only answer when I fee the question is actually useful to people
who are trying on this group.
Old December 2nd 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Ron Garret wrote:

In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Ron Garret" wrote in message

So what? It's a reasonable question. What difference does it make what
his motivation is for asking it?

Trolling is not a acceptable motivation.

I'm sorry, but I do not believe he is trolling. He has some annoyin
habits to be sure, but if that were sufficient reason to kick someone
off a newsgroup there would be no one here.

rg

Well, except for you and me.
Old December 2nd 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Ron Natalie wrote:

You can put anything you want on a VFR route. It's not used for
anything. it just goes into the computer and stays there until
you don't show up at your destination and close the plan. They
start calling around looking for you and if that doesn't yield
anything, they might start looking at your route of flight filed.
But really, they look more at how much fuel you claimed you had
and where you could have possibly gone based on where you started
from.

With intelligent preflight planning and intelligent use of RNAV, the
odds of SAR finding a downed VFR aircraft aircraft are very good
especially when the ELT doesn't work.