A8-148 even monkeys fall out of trees

Old May 8th 08, 01:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default A8-148 even monkeys fall out of trees

These photos were taken at RAAF Edinburgh, near my home, about 20 years ago.

Still a fine looking aircraft, even if she's turning 40 this year.

The two guys on the ladder semed to be fiddling around the canopy for ages,
until one returned with a coat hanger.

Perhaps they should hide a spare set of keys in the wheel well.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A8-148 even monkeys fall out of trees.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	25490  Click image for larger version

Name:	A8-148 on display.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	25491
Old May 8th 08, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
PVK

Dave, my dad was RAF and was seconded to the RAAF at Edinburgh between Sept
1965 and Feb 1968. We lived in Elizabeth Grove. Just thought I'd let you
know.

Regards
Paul

Old May 8th 08, 11:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

PVK wrote:
Dave, my dad was RAF and was seconded to the RAAF at Edinburgh
between Sept 1965 and Feb 1968. We lived in Elizabeth Grove. Just
thought I'd let you know.

Regards
Paul

Small world. We lived in Elizabeth Park during the same period.

My mother was a clerical contractor for the RAF Support Unit at Edinburgh -
which, at the time was the smallest overseas RAF unit in the world.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old May 10th 08, 09:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
:

These photos were taken at RAAF Edinburgh, near my home, about 20
years ago.

Still a fine looking aircraft, even if she's turning 40 this year.

The two guys on the ladder semed to be fiddling around the canopy for
ages, until one returned with a coat hanger.

Perhaps they should hide a spare set of keys in the wheel well.

Or one of those fake aardvark-poop key hiders...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	in301088_11261.jpg
Views:	53