Poberenzy retaking EAA helm

Old May 23rd 05, 06:10 PM
Tedstriker

Default Poberenzy retaking EAA helm

Is this article true?

Paul Poberezny Retakes Presidency of EAA
Fri, 01 Apr '05

04.01.05 Special Edition: EAA Founder Paul Poberezny surprised the
aviation world with the announcement that he has retaken the
Presidency of EAA.

Leaving retirement, the Senior Poberezny cited "the renewed need for
basic grassroots support to see the Sport Pilot program through to a
proper conclusion, the experience I have with the true rank and file
of sport aviation, and the fact that I am bored out of my skull with
retirement," for the reason that he sought and claimed the Presidency
once again.

Flanked by troops comprised of some of the more militant members of
the Antique/Classic division and a smattering of warbird flyers,
Poberezny set upon EAA HQ shortly before the opening of business,
changed the locks, and let selected staff members through after
signing a loyalty pledge promising allegiance to the Association's
founder. Over the course of the day, a majority of staffers jumped
ship (minus a number of the marketing folks) and pledged their loyalty
to Paul, as well... leaving EAA running a "little leaner and a lot
less meaner" than before, according to Paul.

Former President Tom Poberezny was nowhere to be seen. Repeated
questions were met with silence until one unnamed spokesperson noted
that, "Tommy's been sent to his room..."

EAA Spokesman Dick Knapinski said the power transfer happened,
"...swiftly and with surprisingly little bloodshed." Knapinski also
noted that the Senior Poberezny is making big plans for a "new EAA"
that includes lower admission prices for the annual Oshkosh airshow, a
renewed emphasis on cost-effective and affordable aviation, and strong
support for the Sport Pilot initiative regardless of who gets the
credit for it, or who profits from it.

Poberezny, in a short interview with ANN added that, "Aviation is
taking some hard knocks from the government, an unfriendly media, and
a world that has lost much of its fascination with flight. We're going
to get back to basics, we're going to support the grassroots of
aviation, and we'll grow slowly from there. If aviation can rediscover
its roots, maybe we can get the rest of the world interested, again,
in aviation."

Old May 23rd 05, 08:00 PM
Montblack

("Tedstriker" wrote)
Is this article true?

Paul Poberezny Retakes Presidency of EAA
Fri, 01 Apr '05

04.01.05 Special Edition: EAA Founder Paul Poberezny surprised the
aviation world with the announcement that he has retaken the
Presidency of EAA.

Let's see...

Blah, blah, blah, Praetorian Guard, blah, blah, blah.

Yup. It's true :-)

Montblack

Old May 24th 05, 01:28 AM
Tedstriker

On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:59:38 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

Look vewwy, vewwy cwosley at the dateline.

Jim

I see it was dated at the beginning of April, but I don't follow you.
What are you getting at? With ole Zoomer writing it, and after all the
beef he's had with SNF, I don't know if this is truthful or some wierd
type of propaganda. The EAA website says nothing about it. And I have
seen nothing written anywhere else about this either. So I begin to
wonder. hmm..
Old May 24th 05, 01:54 AM
John Ammeter

Uh, Ted... Have you EVER heard of an April Fool's Joke??

John

Old May 24th 05, 02:16 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Tedstriker says...

I see it was dated at the beginning of April, but I don't follow you.
What are you getting at? With ole Zoomer writing it, and after all the
beef he's had with SNF, I don't know if this is truthful or some wierd
type of propaganda. The EAA website says nothing about it. And I have
seen nothing written anywhere else about this either. So I begin to
wonder. hmm..

I realize that it's hard to tell fact from fiction on ANN but in this case
it's an Aporil Fools joke. It's almost as funny as the time zoom said he landed
a Christen Eagle in a 48 mph X wind.Sad part it wasn't April Fools Day...

Happy New Year

Chuck S RAH=15/1 ret

Old May 24th 05, 01:47 PM
Tedstriker

On 23 May 2005 18:16:56 -0700, ChuckSlusarczyk
wrote:

In article , Tedstriker says...

I see it was dated at the beginning of April, but I don't follow you.
What are you getting at? With ole Zoomer writing it, and after all the
beef he's had with SNF, I don't know if this is truthful or some wierd
type of propaganda. The EAA website says nothing about it. And I have
seen nothing written anywhere else about this either. So I begin to
wonder. hmm..

I realize that it's hard to tell fact from fiction on ANN but in this case
it's an Aporil Fools joke. It's almost as funny as the time zoom said he landed
a Christen Eagle in a 48 mph X wind.Sad part it wasn't April Fools Day...

Happy New Year

Chuck S RAH=15/1 ret

April fools, that one went right over my head. It was such great
sounding news, I wanted to believe it. In this case, it would have
been so nice if what he wrote had actually happened. At least he sees
some of the same problems at EAA as others do.

Old May 24th 05, 02:02 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , John Ammeter says...

Uh, Ted... Have you EVER heard of an April Fool's Joke??

John

Hey John

Here's another one from the zoomer except it's not April fools day LOL!!
This is reprinted from todays ANN edition. Let's see if we can find the
difference between perception and reality and play the "who's zooming who game"
!! I'll start, here's what zoom wrote:

"testing incredible new aircraft that had never flown before in any form,

Chuck ...I think he's zooming us ....

Announcer.... buuuut maybe Chucks wrong so who's telling the truth? Chuck or
zoom?

Announcer.....OK contestants make your pick. (Sound of ticking clock )

Announcer.....Ahh the results are in!! 99 out of 100 contestants picked
Chuck as the one telling the truth.Only one ,a guy named jaun
said zoom wasn't zooming anyone.

So if zoom can prove what he said was true jaun will win an all expense paid
trip to PR.
It's now up to zoom ...OK zoom what company did you perform test flying for?
What were the names of the planes? and dates of the tests? All those answers
should be in your logs.. (Sound of ticking clock) OK zoom are you ready? ah zoom
the answer please....Jim? where are you? No jaun you can't answer for him!! OK
zoom, name just one company you acted as test pilot for..Zoom? can you hear me?
OK,OK already ,no need to call a lawyer ,just prove what you wrote was true
....that's all...(Clock still ticking) .....

BEEEEEEP!!!!

Announcer : Well the time has run out and zoom couldn't prove what he wrote
was true. Sorry jaun,nice try. Sorry zoom you lose...WHAT!! your
calling the authorities ?? I should govern myself accordingly??
CAG what the heck is a CAG?? Are you nuts???.......
__________________________________________________ ______________________________
Beginning of excerpt from ANN story by zoom Campbell.

....blasting through the
Mojave desert at well over Mach One, or boogying along at
400-500kph--wingtip to wingtip in a flight of nearly a dozen
Snowbirds, freefalling-all alone-from nearly ten miles up, testing
incredible new aircraft that had never flown before in any form,
fighting the good fight alongside my friend and hero Bob Hoover,
dogfighting with Scott Anderson F-16 to F-16 (I miss you,
Scott...), practical joke after practical joke after practical
joke with Randy Gagne, doing inverted spin after inverted spin with
Bob Herendeen and laughing our asses off with the fun of it all,
flying an impossibly tight formation with the irrepressible Jim
Moser (so close I could touch him if the canopy hadn't been
in the way) and trading really sick jokes over the radio all the
while with one of the most amazing guys I EVER met, telling a
wonderful girl that I loved her while doing a barrel roll around
the moon, freefalling through the blackness of 2 a.m. on
a full moon with seven other skydivers lit only by man in
the moon and the chem-lights taped to our jumpsuits, landing
an ultralight on the island that supports the Statue of Liberty,
looping side-by-side in TIGHT formation with Jack Britton, flying
another Dac from coast to coast and having more adventures than any
person has a right to, fighting for my fellow flyers against those
who would harm them, aerobatically representing President Reagan
and the Air and Space Bicentennial at airshow after airshow,
kissing yet another very pretty girl underneath a red Staggerwing
at Oshkosh under a nearly full moon, logging dozens of hours
of Zero-Gravity time among some of the finest people I've ever
worked with, chasing SpaceShips and recording history from an
unbelievable vantage point... so many memories, so many highs (and
a few bizarre lows), and I thank God I'm not quite all the

End of excerpt
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Now it's your turn to play 'who's zooming who"

See ya

Chuck (been zoomed and survived) S RAH-15/1 ret

"Credibility it was always about credibility" chuck s

Old May 24th 05, 02:06 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Tedstriker says...

April fools, that one went right over my head. It was such great
sounding news, I wanted to believe it. In this case, it would have
been so nice if what he wrote had actually happened. At least he sees
some of the same problems at EAA as others do.

Yeah it would be nice.But you can do what a lot of us did and joined Paul's new
organization the SAA (Sport Aircraft Association) and that's no April Fool.It's
kinda like the old days of EAA.

See ya

Chuck S SSA #708

Old May 24th 05, 03:12 PM
John Ousterhout

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
[...]

Anyone who had done all of that would have the respect of his peers and
be in the EAA Hall of Fame.

- J.O.-