SSA Contest Committee Announcement on COVID-19 and 2020 Contest Schedule

Old April 2nd 20, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Default SSA Contest Committee Announcement on COVID-19 and 2020 Contest Schedule

Easy John boy.....you see a lot of drama while others are simply talking about a maybe, or a perhaps. A desire to press on with hope or positive thinking helps balance the pondering mind. The inevitable is and always shall be. So let it play out.
Someone is always going to be on a ventilator, fighting for their life. We honor them by living.
Old April 2nd 20, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Letting it play out....with a view from the other side of the tennis court, which seems to be ignored by the soaring contest crowd.

There are always people dying on ventillators??? Whaaa?
Do you have a television H?
Old April 2nd 20, 05:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Easy John boy.....you see a lot of drama while others are simply talking about a maybe, or a perhaps. A desire to press on with hope or positive thinking helps balance the pondering mind. The inevitable is and always shall be. So let it play out.
Someone is always going to be on a ventilator, fighting for their life. We honor them by living.

R, I don't know what credible source is talking about "maybe" or "perhaps" at this point. Barring literally a miracle, the math is simple and clear, and the methodology of computing the numbers well settled. We are about to go though a period where the ability to care for very sick people will fall short of capacity. IMO we should all be trying to spend that time in ways that minimize the chance of adding any load to the system.
Old April 2nd 20, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The only way you can assure yourself that you won't possibly "add to the load" on the medical system is to kill yourself and eliminate the possibility.

Old April 2nd 20, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Do you have a television H?

Watching television is your problem. Go visit the hospitals they are empty.. Emptier than usual all the minor crank folks and elective surgery stuff isn't going on. This is a nothing burger and if we quit flying feminine hysteric values wins. And for the record I do not do what the NBA does they are a rather poor role model, c'mon don't you have a tv?
Old April 2nd 20, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 8:36:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Do you have a television H?

This is a nothing burger and if we quit flying feminine hysteric values wins. And for the record I do not do what the NBA does they are a rather poor role model, c'mon don't you have a tv?

I'm not the blog police, but please knock off the misogynistic comments. There have been other potentially offensive posts on RAS that have no place here. Need I point out that a US woman won the WWGC this past year? The last time a US male won was before my 30 year old kids were born.
Old April 2nd 20, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 9:36:24 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Do you have a television H?

Watching television is your problem. Go visit the hospitals they are empty. Emptier than usual all the minor crank folks and elective surgery stuff isn't going on. This is a nothing burger and if we quit flying feminine hysteric values wins. And for the record I do not do what the NBA does they are a rather poor role model, c'mon don't you have a tv?

Go hang out on the beach with an approaching hurricane, and tell us how nice the weather is there and that there is no need to worry.
Old April 2nd 20, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Duster, wonder of wonders, a WOMAN won the World Woman’s Glider contest. Gee ignorance is rampant, maybe the china virus affects intellect as an unreported side affect.

A big congradulation to Sarah and the team, job very well done!!! I know the french gals were stalking back there, but as is all things “french” they fade when the pressure is applied lol
Old April 2nd 20, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Some wag once said that "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."

And so this epidemic will be what teaches about exponential math.

Any beer brewer understands what is happening and what is about to happen. It's the same math.

T8