2013 Region 6 North Contest Ionia

Old June 19th 13, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default 2013 Region 6 North Contest Ionia

The weather for next week is looking nothing short of outstanding. We have roughly 20 confirmed and could hit 23-24 by contest start this Saturday. Saturday June 22 is the practice day. Contest days June 23-29. Motor home hookups, camping, shower, plentiful restaurants and shopping within .5 miles of airport. Hotels under $50 per night. 5 pilots are already there enjoying outstanding flying this week!

Info at official R6N contest website: www.r6n.org

Register at: http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2234

Questions: smfidlerATgmailDOTcom or 248/977/7911
Old June 20th 13, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

The weather forecast continues to improve. Without jinxing it, I think we may have an unstable, relatively dry, strong and excellent Ionia contest based on the current forecast: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ion...orecast/333645

Hope some of you who are on the fence waiting for weather decide to join us!

Best,
Sean
Old June 21st 13, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glen

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:27:03 AM UTC-4, Sean F (F2) wrote:
The weather forecast continues to improve. Without jinxing it, I think we may have an unstable, relatively dry, strong and excellent Ionia contest based on the current forecast: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ion...orecast/333645

Hope some of you who are on the fence waiting for weather decide to join us!

Best,

Sean

7,001' msl today in IONIA!!!
GLEN
Old June 21st 13, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Looks like 3-4 of the "fencers" have decided to come to the contest based on the excellent weather forecast (not including the super juniors JP Stewart and Daniel Sahzin).

So we are getting healthier and back up to near 20 gliders. There is STILL TIME for others to decide to join us and what looks like some great soaring weather. Hop in your car and drive over :-)!!!! Ionia is a beautiful flying location. Hotels are dirt cheap and camping is almost free! Great facility as well.

The Canadian nationals has cost is a pile off our regular Canadian attendees and the Hobbs 15/open has cost us a few more (4-6). So 20 is excellent considering those conflicts.

Does anyone have any date suggestions for R6N for 2014?

For info check out our website at www.r6n.org

Sean