it has come to this...

Old December 27th 03, 04:50 AM
Dave Jacobowitz

Default it has come to this...

I'm using rec.aviation.piloting to try to find a
flying partner. I feel like I'm misusing this
group... but I really would love to find a
partner to share time with. So, here's the
411:

- Bay Area, PAO preferred
- 210 hour PPASEL
- working on IA
- flying mostly a Warrior lately (rented from Sundance @ PAO)
(don't want to fly too many different aircraft until
IA finished)
- looking for safety pilot to share time
and practice various ifr procedures

Of course, I like long walks on the beach,
yadda yadda... really, it'd be nice to make
some pilot friends. My other friends just don't
understand.

As you were,
Dave

Old December 27th 03, 11:20 AM
Larry Dighera

On 26 Dec 2003 20:50:25 -0800, (Dave
Jacobowitz) wrote in Message-Id:
:

I'm using rec.aviation.piloting to try to find a
flying partner.

You might consider posting he
http://www.flyshare.com/SearchReturnTrip.asp

Old December 27th 03, 03:30 PM
Andrew Gideon

Dave Jacobowitz wrote:

I'm using rec.aviation.piloting to try to find a
flying partner. I feel like I'm misusing this
group...

I don't think it a misuse. I've met a number of people through this group,
and at least one has become a permanent friend (as opposed to someone that
I've met at an airport once or twice).

Some USENET reader might also be able to point you at a local organization
or club that you might want to join. For those in the NY/NJ/PA area, for
example, there's:

http://www.midatlanticpilots.com/

We've monthly gatherings, fly-outs, and a general fun time.

You might also post a note about seeking a safetly pilot on a bulletin board
(if there is one) at your FBO.

- Andrew

Old December 27th 03, 09:45 PM
noah

Dave Jacobowitz wrote:

I'm using rec.aviation.piloting to try to find a
flying partner. I feel like I'm misusing this
group...

I don't think it a misuse. I've met a number of people through this group,
and at least one has become a permanent friend (as opposed to someone that
I've met at an airport once or twice).

No problem here... I think r.a.p is a great place to find local people
in aviation. If anyone else local is reading this - I too am searching
(slowly/cautiously) for a partnership at SQL/PAO/OAK.

Thanks,
Noah
nfie at yahoo dot com
Old December 27th 03, 10:05 PM
Martin Hotze

On 27 Dec 2003 13:45:50 -0800, noah wrote:

I think r.a.p is a great place to find local people
in aviation.

not only local ... :-))

#m
--
Position Statement on the Use of RFID on Consumer Products
http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/RFIDposition.htm