Oh me gawd! It's really gone over the top!

Old December 30th 03, 01:59 AM
Roger Long

Default Oh me gawd! It's really gone over the top!

If it were April first, it wouldn't have taken me a millisecond to start
smiling at this but, no, it's for real (or whatever passes for real in TSA
land).

This from CNN:

"The FBI is warning police nationwide to be alert for people carrying
almanacs, cautioning that the popular reference books covering everything
from abbreviations to weather trends could be used for terrorist planning."

This from me:

All Americans are advised to wrap their heads in duct tape over a several
layers of plastic sheeting in case terrorists jump out from behind lamp
posts and hit them over the head with large reference books.

Yeah, I know. The FBI is worried about the information in the books. Do
you think they ever heard of the Internet?

--
Roger Long

Old December 30th 03, 03:11 AM
Mark T. Mueller

Believe it or not, there are some that would have a grand ole' book burning
down on the Mall shouting "Hail Bush" if they were given any more power...

"Roger Long" om wrote in
message ...

Old December 30th 03, 04:34 AM
Dave Stadt

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in message
Believe it or not, there are some that would have a grand ole' book

burning
down on the Mall shouting "Hail Bush" if they were given any more power...

I think I will go buy me an almanac and go sit at O'Hare and read it.

"Roger Long" om wrote

in
message ...

Old December 30th 03, 04:39 AM
Judah

They're not worried about the information in the book. They are just trying
to get rid of Almanac Salesmen. Or else they fit the profile for
terrorists. After all, no normal American would ever carry an almanac!

"Roger Long" om wrote
in :

Old December 30th 03, 12:20 PM
William W. Plummer

Burning all the books. Isn't that what "Fahrenheit 451" is all about?

"Roger Long" om wrote in
message ...

Old December 30th 03, 04:38 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Nor a book of tides, nor an ephemeris...

uuuuh wait a sec, I DO! And a Bowditch and a sextant... gaaawd, I must be
a terrorist...

Denny

Old December 30th 03, 06:49 PM
Kevin McCue

They also cautioned against people in possession of maps. So put an
almanac in your flight bag and be a real terrorist.
Perhaps most of the administration should take Roger's advice on the
plastic and duct tape headwrap.

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old December 30th 03, 07:51 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Roger Long wrote:

The FBI is worried about the information in the books.

Well, as we all know, "FBI" stands for Fools, Buffoons, and Imbeciles.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old December 30th 03, 07:54 PM
Andrew Gideon

Martin Hotze wrote:

"Roger Long" om wrote:

Yeah, I know. The FBI is worried about the information in the books. Do
you think they ever heard of the Internet?

*sssssssshhhhhhhhhhh!*

Laugh I love this circle.

It used to be the Internet that took the heat assigned by people that had
never read an encyclopedia. Now, they're back to blaming books. Perhaps
Ridge and company haven't learned how to use a browser yet. Didn't his
boss have trouble at a Grocery checkout?

- Andrew