Airnav?

Old October 30th 04, 12:28 AM
Hankal

Default Airnav?

I had reported on my trip to Georgia a few days ago.
Now the rest of the story. I used Airnav for the cheapest fuel stops.
Also used it to get my motel at Days Inn with the discount on Airnav.
When I called for my reservation the gentle man quoted a price of $71.00.
I told him I could get a better price and he stated I would get the room for
$65.00 Tax included.
When I checked in at the Day Inn they told me that I had 2 rooms reserved, I
assured them I only required one room.
When I checked out they ask if I wanted to pay now with my credit card or be
billed by Hotel.com. I paid by credit card and the price was $44.75
Now I get my credit card statement and it has a charge of $71.00
Of course I called Hotel.com and they ask that I fax the credit card statement
and the paid bill from Days INN.
My point is that one can spend a lot more money by ordering over the Internet
than going directly to the motel.
And now you know the rest of the story.
Hank 172 driver
Old October 30th 04, 02:55 AM
C Kingsbury

Hank,

I used to travel a lot (100k+ mi/year) for business and booked probably 85%
of my travel myself.

I never got burned using Expedia, but it is true- if you want to make sure
you're getting the best rate call the hotel. But Expedia and Hotels.com can
be useful to at least narrow the search down.

-cwk.

Old October 31st 04, 08:59 PM
jharper aaatttt cisco dddooottt com

Well, don't try Expedia instead. I booked two hotels with
Expedia a couple of weeks back, both in Winnipeg, one
prepaid, one not. Neither reservation worked. The first
one I discovered on checkin. Luckily they had a room
anyway, at a walk-up rate which was cheaper than Expedia's.
The second one - prepaid - I checked by phone. The hotel
had never heard of it. After 20 minutes on the phone with
Expedia I managed to get a refund - although the phone call,
from another hotel, cost $30.

Moral: Expedia, never again.

John

Old November 1st 04, 05:10 PM
Dave Butler

C Kingsbury wrote:
Hank,

I used to travel a lot (100k+ mi/year) for business and booked probably 85%
of my travel myself.

I never got burned using Expedia, but it is true- if you want to make sure
you're getting the best rate call the hotel. But Expedia and Hotels.com can
be useful to at least narrow the search down.

.... and I'd add, if you want the least expensive rate, whether you're talking
directly to the hotel or to an agent, always ask: "Is this your least expensive
rate?"

Dave

-cwk.

--
Dave Butler, software engineer 919-392-4367