aopa flight planner access problems

Old August 10th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default aopa flight planner access problems

Using this flight planner has become a regular part of my preflight prep.

My membership expires at the end of this month. I sent in my renewal about
a week ago. I noticed on Thursday I had lost access to the flight planner
application just after getting a renewal reminder pop-up and I still don't
have access. Has this happened to anyone else?

I hope it was just a coincidence. If not, I think aopa is shooting
themselves in the foot.
--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/

Old August 10th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Mike Noel wrote:
Using this flight planner has become a regular part of my preflight prep.

My membership expires at the end of this month. I sent in my renewal about
a week ago. I noticed on Thursday I had lost access to the flight planner
application just after getting a renewal reminder pop-up and I still don't
have access. Has this happened to anyone else?

I hope it was just a coincidence. If not, I think aopa is shooting
themselves in the foot.
--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/

Why not use the automatic renewal via your credit card. I have for years
and it saves you some on your dues. I have been a consistent member
since 1970. Although I cannot fly anymore (by myself) will stay a member
as long as I live. BTW. I still liked the simple DUATS for the web. No
weather overlays, but it was simple to use and gave you everything these
more sophisticated ones due. http://www.duats.com/duats.cgi. I did have
a problems with DUATS Golden Eagle as it provided some strange routings
that the FAA computers did not.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old August 11th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

I checked with AOPA and the tech guy was very helpful. Turns out it has
something to do with the Firefox browser on my system. It used to work, but
now doesn't, perhaps because of a version change. I can still get in with
another brand browser.

Ross, I'm not comfortable with giving others automatic access to my
accounts. Yes, it is convenient, but I like staying in control. I wish
they would keep track of which of us ignore the renewal notices until the
last month of our membership and send out notices accordingly instead of
several months in advance, wasting time and money on unproductive mailings.

Old August 11th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John E. Carty

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
I checked with AOPA and the tech guy was very helpful. Turns out it has
something to do with the Firefox browser on my system. It used to work,
but
now doesn't, perhaps because of a version change. I can still get in with
another brand browser.

Ross, I'm not comfortable with giving others automatic access to my
accounts. Yes, it is convenient, but I like staying in control.

I like using a separate bank account just for my automatic purchases that
only has a buffer of about twenty dollars.

I wish
they would keep track of which of us ignore the renewal notices until the
last month of our membership and send out notices accordingly instead of
several months in advance, wasting time and money on unproductive
mailings.

Just like with my magazine subscriptions that have 9 months remaining and I
get renewal notices! :-)

Old August 11th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Mike Noel wrote:
I checked with AOPA and the tech guy was very helpful. Turns out it has
something to do with the Firefox browser on my system. It used to work, but
now doesn't, perhaps because of a version change. I can still get in with
another brand browser.

Ross, I'm not comfortable with giving others automatic access to my
accounts. Yes, it is convenient, but I like staying in control. I wish
they would keep track of which of us ignore the renewal notices until the
last month of our membership and send out notices accordingly instead of
several months in advance, wasting time and money on unproductive mailings.

I used to get a lot of unsolicited mailings from AOPA and called and
told them to take me off the list and save their overhead. I have not
got a thing since then except my magazine.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old August 11th 09, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Mike Noel wrote:

Ross, I'm not comfortable with giving others automatic access to my
accounts. Yes, it is convenient, but I like staying in control. I wish
they would keep track of which of us ignore the renewal notices until the
last month of our membership and send out notices accordingly instead of
several months in advance, wasting time and money on unproductive mailings.

This is also like buying with a credit card over the internet, but we
will give our credit card to the teenager at someplace to charge an item
and he walks away with it for awhile.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old August 12th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_8_]

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
I checked with AOPA and the tech guy was very helpful. Turns out it has
something to do with the Firefox browser on my system. It used to work, but
now doesn't, perhaps because of a version change. I can still get in with
another brand browser.

Ross, I'm not comfortable with giving others automatic access to my
accounts. Yes, it is convenient, but I like staying in control.

Giving some the privilege of withdrawing money from your account is like handing
them your checkbook.

Just like a Debit Card doesn't have the same protection as a credit card, you're
handing them CASH; not a good idea. Even if you trust them, any mistake means
you're on you own.

Matt

Old August 12th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_8_]

"Ross" wrote in message
Mike Noel wrote:

Ross, I'm not comfortable with giving others automatic access to my accounts.
Yes, it is convenient, but I like staying in control. I wish they would keep
track of which of us ignore the renewal notices until the last month of our
membership and send out notices accordingly instead of several months in
advance, wasting time and money on unproductive mailings.

This is also like buying with a credit card over the internet, but we will
give our credit card to the teenager at someplace to charge an item and he
walks away with it for awhile.

He better stay right there in front of you. Now, when you give your card to a
waitress, that's similar, but a credit card has built in protect that a debit
card doesn't even approach.

Old August 12th 09, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

I think I found the problem with Firefox. I had added Skype to my computer.
After disabling the Skype extension for windows under TOOLS-ADD-ONS, Firefox
was able to access the flight planner.