LX Zeus and PowerFLARM Brick

Old October 2nd 12, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gabriel Duford

Default LX Zeus and PowerFLARM Brick

Hello,
Has Anyone connected a PowerFLARM Brick in a LX Zeus?

I'm also curious to hear about experience with the LX Zeus. It doesn't seem to be widely used. The LX9000 is everywhere, but the Zeus? Documentation (manual) is also very poor for the Zeus compared to the LX9000.

Thanks,

gabriel
Old October 3rd 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:19:09 PM UTC+1, Gabriel Duford wrote:
Hello,

Has Anyone connected a PowerFLARM Brick in a LX Zeus?

I'm also curious to hear about experience with the LX Zeus. It doesn't seem to be widely used. The LX9000 is everywhere, but the Zeus? Documentation (manual) is also very poor for the Zeus compared to the LX9000.

Thanks,

gabriel

Is the Zeus being shipped now? When I saw one at the BGA Conference in the Spring the software was unfinished, whereas the LX 9000 has been around for a while. There were some very impressive features in the Zeus software, but I felt that it would be brave to get an early one - whereas the LX 9000 has probably got through its teething troubles, and has had worthwhile enhancements since introduction.
Old October 3rd 12, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gabriel Duford

It has shipped, yes. Tim Mara has one installed and working in his 304S.

gabriel
Old October 4th 12, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gabriel Duford

Seems like the Zeus is not very popular!

gabriel
Old October 4th 12, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

they only JUST released this......I doubt many have even seen one yet, but
it appears to be an outstanding instrument with all the bells and whistles
anyone could ask for, easy to use and brilliant display.functions much the
same as LX8000, LX9000- LX7007C minimaps ect but in large sunlight readable
color format using their own software
tim

"Gabriel Duford" wrote in message
Seems like the Zeus is not very popular!

gabriel

Video of Powerflarm brick in action Ramy Soaring 7 September 1st 12 12:51 AM
Powerflarm Brick feedback Ramy Soaring 7 August 10th 12 01:02 AM
PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
PowerFLARM 'brick' progress? Frank Paynter[_2_] Soaring 5 November 13th 11 08:28 PM
Display for PowerFLARM brick Andy[_1_] Soaring 4 May 10th 11 02:32 PM