1987 Cobra Trailer Brake drum removal

Old June 25th 17, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 1987 Cobra Trailer Brake drum removal

All good advice, thanks for taking the time. We have removed the axle from the trailer and calling Alko on Moday
Old June 25th 17, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 9:03:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
All good advice, thanks for taking the time.
We have removed the axle from the trailer and calling Alko on Moday

Do let us know the outcome!
Old June 25th 17, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

You might want to get local quotes for North American spec axle and brake,

most likely electric. The k

Old June 26th 17, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

I was thinking the same thing. Easier to get replacement parts and at least half the price of European stuff. You could even covert to an axle-less system with independent suspension (better ride) and electric brakes for less then the old European torsion bar system for less money.

Old June 26th 17, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'd always dismissed the "new axle with electric brakes" option for older German
trailers because I didn't want to give up my hand-operated parking brake. I decided to check before I posted (novel idea, eh?) and discovered that manual parking brakes are, in fact, available for electric-brake axles. Anyone installed one of these on their Komet/Cobra?

Chip Bearden
"JB"