Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

Old May 20th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

A Lieberman writes:

WRONG

Putting it in uppercase letters won't make it so.
Old May 20th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Viperdoc writes:

Anthony, were all of your pronouncements based upon your instrument
training? Who was your instructor? What did you get on the written exam?
How much time do you have in IMC (real, not simulated?)

All of my statements are based on study.

Which of my statements do you disagree with, if any, and why?

Dozens have told you in hundreds of posts, fjukkwit.

Bertie

Old May 20th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

A Lieberman writes:

WRONG

Putting it in uppercase letters won't make it so.

Repeating it over and over again won;t make it so either, you autistic
cretin.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

A Lieberman wrote in news:f30039fd-d874-4ce2-af88-
:

On May 19, 8:56*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

In IFR, you blindly trust your instruments. *The only way to detect

failure of one instrument is by comparing it with other

instruments.

Wrong.

Bertie

RIGHT (U dat iz)

:-)))))))

Thenkew.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberman[_2_]

In IFR, you blindly trust your instruments. *The only way to detect a

Old May 20th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
A Lieberman writes:

Everything I read on Mx threads, he's traveled the world, from the
Grand Canyon tour to the most complex Bravo airspace we probably
haven't encountered in our lives.

I flew from KSAN to KLAX yesterday in my sim, in zero visibility, and I
lived.
Obviously I had no physical sensations to count upon, and yet somehow I
managed to get to my destination and land.

BFD

You had no physical sensations to distract and disorient you. You had no
physical sensations that would have caused vertigo. You had no sensations
that would result in motion sickness. You have no idea how difficult it
really is with those sensations present. Most of the rest of us here do. To
quote Mr. Henriques:
"The understanding of sensations and how they interact with the IFR
experience is of paramount importance. In fact, a lack of this
understanding can get you killed quicker than anything else I can think
of at the moment."

I would _hope_ that you made it to your "destination" fer crying out loud -
flying in IMC while sitting in a lazyboy is stupid easy compared to real
life.

How do I know? How do you think I know?

I have no problem on the PC, but , as rusty as I am, no effing way I would
even THINK about attempting it for real without a competent IFR rated pilot
in the other seat.

Ignorance and arrogance are often fatal when combined.

But the real question is, why am I wasting key clicks?

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old May 20th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
BDS

"Mxsmanic" wrote

You're making a dangerous mistake. You don't use sensations to verify
instruments. You don't use sensations at all. You trust your

instruments.

In your simulated Baron, what is the first indication you are likely to
notice if an engine begins to fail, regardless of the reason for the
failure? I am not talking about after the failure, but rather as the
failure begins to occur - what do you think you will notice first and
probably before anything else, and what will you do about it?

BDS

Old May 20th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

BDS writes:

In your simulated Baron, what is the first indication you are likely to
notice if an engine begins to fail, regardless of the reason for the
failure? I am not talking about after the failure, but rather as the
failure begins to occur - what do you think you will notice first and
probably before anything else, and what will you do about it?

It will probably sound different if it fails. In some cases engine indicators
on the instrument panel may reveal a problem first. If anything goes wrong
with the engine(s), I'll land at the next available airport.
Old May 20th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m writes:

You had no physical sensations to distract and disorient you.

Yes, but I had none to depend on, either.

You had no physical sensations that would have caused vertigo. You had no sensations
that would result in motion sickness. You have no idea how difficult it
really is with those sensations present. Most of the rest of us here do.

Most, perhaps, but not all.

I would _hope_ that you made it to your "destination" fer crying out loud -
flying in IMC while sitting in a lazyboy is stupid easy compared to real
life.

It has the advantage of being much safer and more comfortable.

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM
Feeling aircraft sensations Ramapriya Piloting 17 January 12th 06 10:15 AM