Adhesive Recommendation?

Old October 7th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve - KDMW

Default Adhesive Recommendation?

One of the rubber pads came off one of my rudder pedals the other day.
Anybody have a good adhesive they can recommend for rubber to metal?

Steve
PA28-151
KDMW
Old October 7th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

One of the best all-around adhesives I have found is 'Goop'. It seems to
form a tough bond with almost anything.

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Old October 7th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Mike Noel wrote:
One of the best all-around adhesives I have found is 'Goop'. It seems to
form a tough bond with almost anything.

Probably a good recommendation. I was going to suggest a contact cement.
Be sure all surfaces are clean and follow the label instructions.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old October 7th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Steve - KDMW wrote:
One of the rubber pads came off one of my rudder pedals the other day.
Anybody have a good adhesive they can recommend for rubber to metal?

That was a recurring problem for my Cherokee. In the desert heat,
adhesives tended to lose their grip over time. I solved the problem by
using black zip ties to hold the rubber pads on the pedals.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old October 7th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon[_5_]

"JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote in message
Steve - KDMW wrote:
One of the rubber pads came off one of my rudder pedals the other day.
Anybody have a good adhesive they can recommend for rubber to metal?

That was a recurring problem for my Cherokee. In the desert heat,
adhesives tended to lose their grip over time. I solved the problem by
using black zip ties to hold the rubber pads on the pedals.

I did the same thing to mine in the Warrior. Put them on about 8 years ago
and they're still holding the pads onto the pedal. (Of course now that I
posted this message they'll probably fall off tomorrow!)

Marco

Old October 8th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Lou

What do they use for golf clubs?
If anything is going to slip it would be
the clubs.

Adhesive [email protected] Owning 7 August 29th 06 04:15 AM
Adhesive [email protected] Restoration 3 August 25th 06 03:41 AM
Adhesive [email protected] Owning 6 August 23rd 06 05:33 PM
adhesive [email protected] Piloting 2 August 20th 06 12:30 PM
structural adhesive circio0 Home Built 5 May 30th 06 09:34 AM