OT-Viruses on group

Old March 19th 09, 08:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Guy[_6_]

Default OT-Viruses on group

Is there anything we can do to cut these *******s off ??

Old March 19th 09, 08:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Guy" wrote in message
.. .
Is there anything we can do to cut these *******s off ??

It's fairly easy to avoid - don't open things you might think are viruses.
You should know most of the regular members by now; treat anything 'new'
with suspicion.

Old March 19th 09, 12:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
LEEward

"Alan Erskine" rudely blurted out
:

"Guy" wrote in message
.. .
Is there anything we can do to cut these *******s off ??

It's fairly easy to avoid - don't open things you might
think are viruses. You should know most of the regular
members by now; treat anything 'new' with suspicion.

****-poor advice (as usual) from Melbourne's
only two-legged virus, Alma Irksome.

The best way to get the disease of the week
is to heed this moron's avoidance advice.

Irksome, just STFU.

*****************************

Here's *my* funny sig from an ABPA thread on 08/16/08:
Alan Erskine says...
"I've got an IQ of 151" "I'm in the 99th percentile
for my age group - that's the top 1 percent"
(nice math there, Einstein!) "I doubt very strongly that you
know anyone in my range of IQ" (Neither do you, Einstein)
Lee discussing newsserver
retention: "...I can go back about 6 months to locate
files..." Alan Erskine interrupts
the discussion with: "Why should we wait for six months to
download an image that was posted yesterday?" --- Yep, a
Real Man of Genius!

Old March 19th 09, 03:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tri-Pacer[_3_]

"...
Is there anything we can do to cut these *******s off ??

I am using Outlook Express. I wrote a message rule to delete anything with
..avi in the subject line.

Seems to be working

Paul
N1431A
KSDM

Old March 19th 09, 06:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Norm DePlume

According to Avira AntiVir they are screensaver files containing a
trojan. As any dog owner can tell you, it's up to you to watch where
you step.
Old March 20th 09, 12:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Sj" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:19:25 -0600, Norm DePlume wrote:

According to Avira AntiVir they are screensaver files containing a
trojan. As any dog owner can tell you, it's up to you to watch where
you step.

Looks like usenetserver thinks it's ok to post
this stuff & that their TOS doesn't cover it.

Too bad their customers don't rebel.

Sj

Their customer's may not rebel, but the rest of us can. If everyone sent
complaints to Usenetserver, it might overwhelm them.

Old March 21st 09, 01:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:12:29 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Sj" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:19:25 -0600, Norm DePlume wrote:

According to Avira AntiVir they are screensaver files containing a
trojan. As any dog owner can tell you, it's up to you to watch where
you step.

Looks like usenetserver thinks it's ok to post
this stuff & that their TOS doesn't cover it.

Too bad their customers don't rebel.

Sj

Their customer's may not rebel, but the rest of us can. If everyone sent
complaints to Usenetserver, it might overwhelm them.

Alan-me-lad, have you contacted Newsguy about my 'forged' headers yet?

Didn't think so.

Boyz'n'grrls, please note that Alan-me-lad is fond of making proclamations...
and never, ever, putting his money where his big fat mouth has been. Follow
his advice at your own risk.

Old April 6th 09, 11:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Alan Erskine" wrote in
:

"Guy" wrote in message
.. .
Is there anything we can do to cut these *******s off ??

It's fairly easy to avoid - don't open things you might think are
viruses. You should know most of the regular members by now; treat
anything 'new' with suspicion.

xnews has the ability to filter via suject matter such as *.avi*
Only problem is being a binaries group some posters will post legi avi
files so being on guard for these post requires all due diligence

Please help our group! Maxwell[_2_] Piloting 13 June 4th 08 11:21 PM
asw-19 yahoo group?? other asw19 group? Jim Culp Soaring 1 February 11th 07 02:12 PM
Soarpoint sending viruses chris Soaring 4 March 1st 04 08:34 PM
VIRUSES Ken Anderson Restoration 3 January 10th 04 12:52 AM
Off topic question - Are you receiving viruses? Mike Williams Rotorcraft 8 September 27th 03 04:14 AM