Is Chris Thomas a Real Pilot?

Old September 11th 04, 05:04 AM
RobertR237

I think being an American means standing up for what's right,
regardless of who that puts in the wrong. Kerry did what he thought
was right, and I personally think that what he did took alot more
courage then simply ignoring the atrocities.

Rich

Did he? Did he stand up for what was right when he was in Viet Nam or did he
participate in the events only to come home and then claim remorse for having
done so? From his testimony, that is the apparant conclusion that could be
drawn.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old September 11th 04, 07:16 AM
Barnyard BOb -

It just gets more and more interesting but is still not relevant to the
election.

Bob Reed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nonsense.
You parrot others of your 'ilk'. g

For you this may well be true.
For others, it's a data point on a larger picture.

Barnyard BOb - never had too much info

And I don't think either one has any reason to be overly proud of their record
in that regard. Based on Kerry's testimony, he had reason to be ashamed of his
actions in Viet Nam.

Bob Reed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One of them is going to be President all the same.

Therefore, your observation is.... "not relevant". g

Barnyard BOb -
Old September 11th 04, 02:44 PM
Mark Hickey

(StellaStar) wrote:

Some guy with Hickeys claims...Think about it... early 1970's, and the
boneheads at NBC expect us to
think that a typewriter produced documents that had:

1) Times New Roman font (not yet developed)

But, "Times New Roman was created by the esteemed British typographer Stanley
Morison for the Times of London in 1932."

http://www.slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2095809&

.... but not used on any typewriters (ever) apparently, certainly not
one that would be used by someone in the ANG in 1972.

I'm amazed that CBS is continuing to try to prop up these obvious
forgeries - I never had any faith at all in Dan Rather, but I didn't
think he was as dumb as he apparently really is. It only shows the
desperation of CBS's conviction that the truth is a far, far less
important issue than their political agenda.

Mark Hickey

Old September 11th 04, 04:03 PM
RobertR237

Some guy with Hickeys claims...Think about it... early 1970's, and the
boneheads at NBC expect us to
think that a typewriter produced documents that had:

1) Times New Roman font (not yet developed)

But, "Times New Roman was created by the esteemed British typographer

Stanley
Morison for the Times of London in 1932."

http://www.slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2095809&

... but not used on any typewriters (ever) apparently, certainly not
one that would be used by someone in the ANG in 1972.

I'm amazed that CBS is continuing to try to prop up these obvious
forgeries - I never had any faith at all in Dan Rather, but I didn't
think he was as dumb as he apparently really is. It only shows the
desperation of CBS's conviction that the truth is a far, far less
important issue than their political agenda.

Mark Hickey

Why amazed, this is not the first time CBS and in particular, the 60 minutes
program, have been found to fabricate evidence or accept and defend evidence
knowing the were probably wrong. Hell, look at the ratings and attention they
have gotten as a result.

Old September 11th 04, 04:11 PM
jls

No, he's not a real pilot. He's a fake.

Old September 11th 04, 04:30 PM
Rich S.

"RobertR237" wrote in message

Excuse me but that is the purpose of the primaries. For the members of
each
party to select their candidates for the general election. You are
allowed to
chose your party and then you are allowed to chose your candidates. That
is
NOT voting a straight-party ticket. Voting a straight-party ticket is
done in
the general election when a voter picks the candidates for all offices
based on
party.

Bob.............

For the past 70 years the purpose of the primaries in Washington State has
been to select the top two candidates for an office without regard to party
affiliation. The winner is then selected in the general election. Many, many
voters here are ****ed off about this new federally-mandated system.

Both systems are open to manipulation; however, in real life, this sort of
thing has not been a factor in Washington. The new rules are another
solution to a non-existent problem.

Regards,
Rich S.

Old September 11th 04, 05:15 PM
RobertR237

[...]

Sorry but in this case, I believe the federally-mandated system is correct.
One man, one vote. That is the basis of our system and while each system can
be abused, the system in Washington State seems much more prone to abuse than
the party candidate system.

Old September 11th 04, 06:01 PM
Rich S.

"RobertR237" wrote in message

Sorry but in this case, I believe the federally-mandated system is
correct.
One man, one vote. That is the basis of our system and while each system
can
be abused, the system in Washington State seems much more prone to abuse
than
the party candidate system.

The Washington legislature passed a bill which would allow the "Top Two"
system instead of the party candidate slate, but the Governor vetoed it. The
citizens of this state will be allowed to override his veto by passing
Initiative 872 which calls for the Top Two system.

"Ballot Title
Initiative Measure No. 872 concerns elections for partisan offices. This
measure would allow voters to select among all candidates in a primary.
Ballots would indicate candidates party preference. The two candidates
receiving most votes advance to the general election, regardless of party."
http://www.blanketprimary.org/

I believe it will sail through. We "Left Coasters" do not like to be
manipulated by the cronyism of party bosses. We'll leave that sort of thing
to New Jersey and Massachusetts, to name a couple of machine states.

Rich S.

Old September 11th 04, 08:38 PM
Mark Hickey

:
:1) Times New Roman font (not yet developed)
:
:But, "Times New Roman was created by the esteemed British typographer Stanley
:Morison for the Times of London in 1932."
:
:
http://www.slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2095809&

But not licensed for use by anyone *but* the Times until the mid '80s.

There are so many problems with these documents that I can't even
begin to list them. But my favorite is the inconvienent fact that
Brigadier General "Buck" Staudt retired 18 months before the memo says
he's putting pressure on Killian to "sugar coat" Bush's fitness
reports.

Now CBS is saying that it's possible the General still exerted
influence over the Guard AFTER retirement. That's about as dumb as
their claim that the obvious proportional spacing is due to the
copying and faxing of the document (and that that makes it impossible
to tell what the font really is).

How DUMB does CBS count on its viewers being, anyway? I knew they
hoped we were dumb, but I guess they hope we're deaf, dumb and blind.

I hope y'all remember this when you are flipping channels trying to
get a handle on what's really going on in the world...

Mark Hickey
Old September 11th 04, 09:05 PM
Rich S.

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message

How DUMB does CBS count on its viewers being, anyway? I knew they
hoped we were dumb, but I guess they hope we're deaf, dumb and blind.

I hope y'all remember this when you are flipping channels trying to
get a handle on what's really going on in the world...

I still say the NRA should have deferred building their new multi-jillion
dollar headquarters building and bought CBS when it was for sale. Wouldn't
that be something? I can see the program listings now. . .

Rich "The Ted Nugent Comedy Hour" S.