New aircraft come-ons

Old June 1st 05, 10:31 PM
Jimmy B.

Default New aircraft come-ons

Ever since my name has appeared in the FAA database as an aircraft
owner, I've been receiving letters and cards from various new aircraft
manufacturers asking me to take a test flight.

So far, I've received one from Cirrus, Lanceair, and Beechcraft.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is this just a recent
phenomena or is it because I now appear as a owner? I never received
these when I was a renter.

I'm really tempted to take the test flights, but I really don't want to
have to deal with the salesperson afterward.
Old June 1st 05, 11:34 PM
Dude

"Jimmy B." wrote in message
link.net...
Ever since my name has appeared in the FAA database as an aircraft owner,
I've been receiving letters and cards from various new aircraft
manufacturers asking me to take a test flight.

So far, I've received one from Cirrus, Lanceair, and Beechcraft.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is this just a recent phenomena
or is it because I now appear as a owner? I never received these when I
was a renter.

I'm really tempted to take the test flights, but I really don't want to
have to deal with the salesperson afterward.

If you don't want to deal with the salesman afterwards, then tell him before
you take the ride. Don't be suprised if they don't want to give you the
ride though.

Old June 2nd 05, 02:07 AM
Michelle P

I get the same thing.
there is an opt out if your write the FAA. address escapes me at the moment.
Michelle

Old June 2nd 05, 02:32 AM
Ron Natalie

Michelle P wrote:
I get the same thing.
there is an opt out if your write the FAA. address escapes me at the
moment.

There is NO opt out of the Owners database.

The FAA abuses their exemption to the privacy act for the privacy
act. I've been trying to opt out for several years even with
congressional assistance but the FAA refuses to obey the law.
Old June 2nd 05, 02:43 AM
Matt Barrow

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Michelle P wrote:
I get the same thing.
there is an opt out if your write the FAA. address escapes me at the
moment.

There is NO opt out of the Owners database.

The FAA abuses their exemption to the privacy act for the privacy
act. I've been trying to opt out for several years even with
congressional assistance but the FAA refuses to obey the law.

Register to a company with a P.O. Box.

Old June 2nd 05, 08:29 PM
Steve Foley

Go take the test flight, and when you're done, look the salesman in the eye
and tell him you can't get financing right now, but after your bankruptcy is
finalized, you'll let give him a call.

link.net...

Old June 2nd 05, 08:52 PM
john smith

Substitute "divorce" for bankruptcy.
Old June 2nd 05, 10:38 PM
Mike W.

"Jimmy B." wrote in message
link.net...
Ever since my name has appeared in the FAA database as an aircraft
owner, I've been receiving letters and cards from various new aircraft
manufacturers asking me to take a test flight.

I'm not an owner, but I have received several from Cirrus and Cessna. Could
be getting my name from Sporty's?