A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Lak 17 Yahoo group help needed

Old October 22nd 19, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C
external usenet poster

Default Lak 17 Yahoo group help needed

If there are any inactive moderators from the Lak 17a Yahoo group out there, we need your help transferring files to the new location at .io groups. Please help us out by appointing a new owner/moderator before Yahoo closes down.

Thanks,

Mike
"4"
Old October 23rd 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
external usenet poster

If not already done so, reach out to your group owners and moderators for guidance.

To contact them, send an email to (replace groupname with the exact name of the group).

If you already know the name of the moderators then try looking up email addresses at SSA.org member lookup.
Old October 24th 19, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 9:27:55 AM UTC-6, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
If not already done so, reach out to your group owners and moderators for guidance.

To contact them, send an email to (replace groupname with the exact name of the group).

If you already know the name of the moderators then try looking up email addresses at SSA.org member lookup.

Thanks John.

No joy to date.

Mike
Old October 28th 19, 11:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 11:25:16 AM UTC-4, Mike C wrote:
On Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 9:27:55 AM UTC-6, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:

Thanks John.

No joy to date.

Mike

You will need them to appoint a Moderator with the ability to send Invites - standard mod is not enough. Good luck.
Old October 30th 19, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess
external usenet poster

I'm an owner of a different Yahoo group and find I can't make any group settings changes at all. All appears to be locked down, so I'm not sure a new moderator could be appointed. But I guess with an owner's or moderator's email and password you can do the transfer.

You can use http://www.personalgroupware.com/downloads.htm to download all the content and messages for your group at least as an archive/
Old October 30th 19, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 10:47:42 PM UTC-4, Bret Hess wrote:
I'm an owner of a different Yahoo group and find I can't make any group settings changes at all. All appears to be locked down, so I'm not sure a new moderator could be appointed. But I guess with an owner's or moderator's email and password you can do the transfer.

You can use http://www.personalgroupware.com/downloads.htm to download all the content and messages for your group at least as an archive/

Agree. Our group owner changed me to owner from moderator so that I could transfer the group to groups.io automatically. Within the group (gliding club), I now show as owner, but in Yahoo Groups home, I show only as Moderator, so I can't do the change (involves sending an invite). There is no obvious way to do this automatically now.

Dan