A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Strong Enterprises

Old November 5th 19, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Strong Enterprises

Is anybody else waiting longer than expected to receive their new 'chute from Strong? I placed my order from a reputable supplier on July 5th and was given a 10-12 week lead time. I'm wondering if it is just me or is everyone's order behind.

Doug
Old November 6th 19, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Serota
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 3:12:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Is anybody else waiting longer than expected to receive their new 'chute from Strong? I placed my order from a reputable supplier on July 5th and was given a 10-12 week lead time. I'm wondering if it is just me or is everyone's order behind.

Doug

I had a similar experience, although not as much of a delay. I ordered a Strong 303 on May 30, 2019 and it arrived in September 20. I was initially told 8-12 weeks.

I superstitiously believe that by not being a demanding customer about the estimated turnaround time, my parachute won't deploy a Wile E Coyote combination of hardware when I need to pull on my shiny new D-ring.
Old November 6th 19, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

Strong just recently packed up their shop of the last few decades and moved to a new facility, so I suspect that may have something to do with production delays.