201 Libelle for Sale on W& W

Old November 1st 19, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default 201 Libelle for Sale on W& W

Does anybody know the real condition of this Libelle posted yesterday on W&W for 10 grand?
Looks like a nice plane for the money!
Good instruments, Radio and trailer it looks like.
I'd like to get something like this for my son when he gets of age.
Old November 1st 19, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Friday, November 1, 2019 at 5:07:45 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Does anybody know the real condition of this Libelle posted yesterday on W&W for 10 grand?
Looks like a nice plane for the money!
Good instruments, Radio and trailer it looks like.
I'd like to get something like this for my son when he gets of age.

Don't know, but it is on page 5 of the canceled not sold, was asking $12.5K. Had more hours on it then. :-) Also on page 7 of canceled not sold.

Go have a look!
Old November 2nd 19, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Maybe he listed it twice and it did not sell. Now it dropped the price to get it sold?
Old November 2nd 19, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Looking closely at the photo of the plane it looks like it has gear doors, meaning it has retractably gear?
I think this makes it a 201B with ballast according to Wikipedia.
Does anyone know this plane?
I'm intrigued by this thing for some reason, perfect thing for my kid when he gets older.
Old November 2nd 19, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Nick Kennedy wrote on 11/2/2019 9:12 AM:
Looking closely at the photo of the plane it looks like it has gear doors, meaning it has retractably gear?
I think this makes it a 201B with ballast according to Wikipedia.
Does anyone know this plane?
I'm intrigued by this thing for some reason, perfect thing for my kid when he gets older.

I suggest the "perfect" glider for a kid (a low time pilot - or most anyone) would
have a safer cockpit. I had a H301 for several years, and ocasionally noticed I
was sitting inside an eggshell. I accepted that in the early '80s, which was
before the ASW24 in the late '80s showed the improved safety that could be
achieved with modern design and materials.

Old November 2nd 19, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sergio Elia

The price is very attractive. Need to check conditions of the gelcoat. Standard Libelle has retractile gear. It is a nice ship and perfect for beginners and club class competitions.
Old November 2nd 19, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 11:12:59 AM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Looking closely at the photo of the plane it looks like it has gear doors, meaning it has retractably gear?
I think this makes it a 201B with ballast according to Wikipedia.
Does anyone know this plane?
I'm intrigued by this thing for some reason, perfect thing for my kid when he gets older.

I suspect a first step would be to contact the seller...

Steve Leonard
Old November 2nd 19, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sergio Elia

The price is very attractive. Need to check conditions of the gelcoat. Standard Libelle has retractable landing gear. It is a nice ship and perfect for beginners and club class competitions.
Old November 2nd 19, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 17:36 02 November 2019, Sergio Elia wrote:
The price is very attractive. Need to check conditions of the gelcoat.
Standard Libelle has retractable landing gear. It is a nice ship and
perfect for beginners and club class competitions.

Derrick Piggott would disagree with you on the 'perfect for beginners'
statement.